Are Undergrad Requirements MANDATORY for transfer?

Hi! I am applying to the the UCs. I am at a community college and a Spanish major and also pre-med. I have TOO many credits and don’t want to go over the limit for application. I therefore need to choose between fulfilling the Spanish Undergrad Requirements they ask for or taking Organic Chemistry II. My question is: Are the Requirements listed on the undergrad majors pages mandatory or do they allow for not fulfilling them 100% and taking them at the school you get accepted to later?

If all of your units are non-UC lower division units (all community college units are lower division), then you will not be considered a high unit junior (80 units) or senior (90 units) for transfer purposes. Only 70 lower division units will transfer, but you will receive subject credit for all courses taken. See http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/files/uc-transfer-maximum-limitation-policy-chart.pdf . (Note: these are semester units; if you are at a quarter system school, multiply the number of quarter units by 2/3 to get the semester unit equivalents.)

If you must choose one type of courses over the other, complete the transfer prerequisites for your major first. You can complete the pre-med courses after transfer, and medical schools are said to prefer that you take at least some science courses at a four year school, rather than all at community colleges.

Oh. But when I go on the UC application and it asks for how units I will have completed, it will not allow me to apply to ucla when I click I will be applying with more than 89 units. ?