Are we missing something...not a lot of communication

DD was accepted to TAMU in November, we quickly filled out the housing application and registered for her for the NSC we filed her FAFSA. So far we should have all the t’s crossed and i’s dotted to attend in the fall. Beyond an email confirming they have received the NSC registration and her housing deposit there has been no communication from A&M. I am wondering why the lack of any other communication from A&M? Are we just not receiving anything?

Literally, every other school DD has been accepted to (mostly similar large OOS flagships, UF, LSU, Auburn etc) have regularly been sending her emails and postal mailing; tauting accepted student days, talking about study abroad opportunities, school clubs and organizations, biographical info on current and graduated students, basically all the great reasons to attend their school or reasons you should be happy you picked them (these communications have a slightly different bent to them then the initial come to our school glossy brochures that they send to entice you to apply).

So what is up with A&M, why the silent treatment? It doesn’t exactly give you a warm welcome to the family feeling and with 50k students you would think they would want to make you feel part of that huge family.

I really question the lack of an accepted student weekend too.

I had the exact same feelings going through it with my now Aggie freshman. I decided they didn’t spend any money on marketing because they don’t have to. It does make you feel a little strange though. Once you go to NSC, you’ll feel better. Make sure y’all do the Yell Leader Practice.

Lol, the need to spend a little bit of money on the “wow” factor. Thank you for letting me know it’s “normal”!

I had piles made of all the schools my son had applied to and the communications they sent. I think we had one measly letter from A&M.

I’ve got 3 Aggie kids. The experience was similar to this with all of them. The school is furiously processing applications for admission and housing throughout this semester. They get far more apps than they have spots. The nice thing about A&M is that once the auto-admits are communicated with, they spend a lot of time vetting the review admits, which is beneficial for those kids.

For Housing, there is a deadline for current dorm residents to renew their spot, and that date hasn’t passed yet. They can’t begin assigning freshmen to dorms until they know the availability. My daughter was an auto-admit who applied for housing the day she was accepted, and we didn’t get confirmation of her dorm until April or May (she wanted Hullabaloo and got it).

How ever this may come across, my advice is to be glad for the admissions decision and wait for everything else to process. It’s not easy to get into A&M unless you’re an auto-admit. “Selling” the school to accepted applicants isn’t necessary for them because of how many applicants they turn away. If a kid’s choice is to go elsewhere, there will be another qualified applicant there to take the spot.

Congrats to your kiddo on being accepted!

I feel/felt the same way, but continue to be told by friends whose children are currently in the school that my daughter will love it. I think some of the material my daughter continues to receive from the other schools is because we r still trying to figure out how to go online and decline their offers. You might want to lookup Impact…it is a freshman only Christian Camp. Registration is already open and my friends swear by it. (My daughter is going to the 8/12 one.). There is also Fish camp for the freshman…registration for it is late May, but the dates are posted so you can do some planning. The one thing I have been told that if at all possible don’t do these back to back as you will be exhausted.

Thank you for sharing about Impact camp. My son is still waiting to hear from Tamu, but it looks like a wonderful program to provide a transition for students coming from their home churches to plug into the campus religious life. My son’s second choice is Texas Tech (accepted) and they offer a similar camp program called Foundation.

My daughter was an auto-admit and we are now waiting for scholarship info! It seems like it’s taking forever. I’ve been reading in other posts that we should receive something this week or early next week. Fingers crossed!

Congrats to everyone admitted!

Very happy/relieved to say DD finally received “something” from A&M post acceptance. A handwritten note (in maroon ink no less!) arrived this week welcoming her to the Department of Psychology and Brain Science and they are "psych"ed to meet her at NSC!

@labegg That’s awesome!! My kiddo hasn’t heard anything from the Natural Science college. He has only received formal letters like the financial aid stuff and honors notification. That’s it… I’m very surprised!