Arizona Leadership and iPad Scholarship

<p>My daughter just got admitted and was told that she had been selected for the Arizona Leadership and iPad scholarship. Am I correct in saying that this award doesn’t include any money, just an iPad? Does anyone know if this means she’s not being considered for any scholarships involving money?</p>

<p>I am not sure what the Arizona Leadership thing is, but the monetary scholarship for the U of A is called the Wildcat Excellence Scholarship, which varies in amount. You should have received notification of the scholarship amount in this letter you are talking about if your daughter received any scholarship money.</p>

<p>My daughter received both the leadership and iPad scholarship and Arizona Excellence Award. She was notified of both in the admissions letter. I would call and ask them just in case. Is your daughter out of state? Is she planning to accept?</p>

<p>It turns out she got $6,000 per year. I missed it in all the stuff they sent. I don’t know if she’ll go. $6,000 is really a drop in the bucket when the tuition is $25,000 (We’re oos). She’s gotten offered bigger scholarships for private schools in our state ($20,000 for schools that are $35K), and she’d be able to use state aid that’s worth about $5,000 for those schools, so we’ll have to think about it. She’s still waiting to find out from a couple of schools. Thanks.</p>

<p>I’m looking at Arizona, too, for my daughter. We’re OOS, and she’s 3.8/4.55 1490. May I ask Breathedeep if my daughter’s numbers approach your daughter’s?</p>

<p>jkeil911’s D should get merit aid from UA. Good luck!</p>