Arizona State University Online Experience?

Hi,

Anyone using Arizona State University Online willing to share their opinions etc?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Sounds like a question for @usma87

2 Likes

Hi @mj415510 - I did my MBA fully online at ASU. It worked great for me. I do not have a ton of experience with undergrad online. I have 2 sons that have gone through Barrett, one during COVID.

The way the MBA was set up really worked for me. You took one class at a time, 8 weeks for each class. The class was delivered in “on demand” format. You watched recorded lectures based on weekly assignments and due dates. It worked for me.

Let me know if you have more specific questions. The other resource is ASU admission advisors. I have found them to be very approachable and informative.

1 Like

Thank you for the insights. Yes, it sounds like some of what I am doing online in undergrad, only “asynchronous” (self-paced) which is nice. You’re confirming things I have been hearing from different directions, thank you. I do think ASU could be a good fit for me from what you are saying and from what I am hearing from others.

Curious: what was the weekly workload for when you were taking individual classes. In other schools, I think classes happen over double the time (16 weeks vs 8 weeks).

Many thanks.

1 Like

The online MBA is design for working people. That said, I regularly spent 2-4 hours per night on classwork, either studying or helping write papers. We also went year-round so that we could finish all the coursework in roughly 2 years.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Gives me a good sense of the work involved.

Congrats on your MBA! How has it helped you so far?

1 Like

I got mine back in '12. It added enough to my resume that I got a new job. The business acumen aspect has been very helpful.

1 Like