ART or CRT

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>I was admitted to the first year engineering program. I am currently taking Calculus in high school. </p>

<p>I'm not sure which placement test I'll have to take before my STAR date. Any ideas?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>I’m in the same position as you. I e-mailed someone in my major about two weeks ago but I have not heard back…is there anyone that CC members would recommend I try and ask about?</p>

<p>not exactly sure what ART is, but when I was applying to first year engineering, I had to take the CRT</p>

<p>you can take art(algebra with trig) and crt(calc,pre-calc) test on online or at the star.
you just need to get passing grade (which is very likely happen) and i took like 2 weeks ago. i recommend to take them before star date because it can save your time.
if you goto purdue website and search “math placement test”
they give u the website that will leads u to the placement test website.</p>

<p>what happens if you fail ?</p>

<p>you start at a lower level math class then depr91. i failed my art during STAR and had to take ma152. funny since i had all A’s and B’s in math back in high school in algebra, algebra 2, precalc, trig, stat, and geometry…</p>

<p>so… i take it online haha with books and stuff…well i just took it and… its not difficult if u do it at home cause…with no pressure and everything haha</p>

<p>ah thanks for that. is there any syllabus guideline on what i should know ? maybe something on the purdue website ? i’m an international student and i’m kinda unsure on how math in my country differs high school math in the US.</p>

<p>yea its all easy math… takes like 15 min to finish ART and like 30 for CRT so just take the practice test and you will be fine.</p>