Art

<p>How is the art program at CC?</p>

<p>They are building a fantastic new arts facility. Check out the information on the Cornerstone Arts Center at Colorado</a> College | Cornerstone Arts Initiative
This new $30 million dollar facility is opening in Spring 2008.</p>

<p>The dance program is first rate FWIW.</p>

<p>I have seen your posts on CC about CC and they convinced me to talk my DDs into considering it. So my question is about aid. My D who is now most interested in CC has and is planning to continue to take the most rigorous offerings at her high school. She had a 3.89 at the end of her sophomore year UW and is approaching a 4.0 plus weighted for the first semester her JR year. No SATs yet but what does she need to aim for in order to be considered for merit aid? Are there too many other unknowns at this point? Her PSAT scores indicated that she should score in the mid-to high 600s across the board. She takes them in January for the first time/ Thanks!</p>

<p>ACK!! I just realized that my above post is totally Off Topic. Sorry OP, blame it on two glasses of wine.</p>

<p>historymom: Tell her to aim for as high as possible! Seriously, don't worry about what numbers she "should" have... just work with her best.</p>

<p>I just got accepted to CC early action for fall 2008 and I'm really hoping for a merit scholarship. From what I've heard the college cares a LOT about extracurriculars and essays. The GPA and SAT scores matter, but it's not nearly as much of a formula as other colleges, such as PennState.</p>

<p>ETA: I forgot to reply to the OP. If you want to continue with art, but not take block classes in it, they have arts and crafts classes at the student center each week. I'm thinking about doing that. Other than that, I've heard the art classes are great, but really intense with all that work everyday.</p>

<p>CC has very few merit scholarships available. They definietly don't throw around $$$ like some schools to convince you to go. For instance, last year I received merit aid from many schools for my EC's and volunteering and service but got nothing from CC. They are OK with aid if it's needed. You should definitely go into some older CC threads from two years ago...there was alot of information about this topic and the views were fairly consistent with what I express here. If you're really outstanding in science, the Barnes Scholarship is the one to get. Even though I didn't get $$ I came to CC anyway. It's really hard to put a price on where you'll be happiest.</p>

<p>How do you find older threads? I've just started on this board and don't know my way around at all.</p>

<p>I just figured out the old threads thing.........old threads, old brain, it's all good!</p>