Ask Anything About OSU!

@Hubes1 I ordered a few items from the “Residence Halls Advisory Council” last year. I ordered a couple towels, rags, and a set of sheets from them. The towels and rags were okay, but you could tell they were cheaply made. I actually “stole” a couple towels from home and I used those more often than the ones I ordered from the catalog. I would suggest using towels from home, honestly.

The sheets were pretty nice. I love the patterns and designs, and I know some people who bought comforters from them. As long as you buy twin extra long (twin XL) sheets and bedding, you should be fine. I got a Macy’s gift card at my graduation party last summer, and I had no issues finding a twin extra long comforter, sheet, and quilt set and that’s where I bought most of my bedding. Ultimately, if you like the things in the catalog it’s a great option, but you should be able find twin extra long bedding in stores just fine. :slight_smile:

@Hubes1 - I found another post about these collections; I’m pretty sure the company also goes by Our Campus Market (their website) or Residence Hall Linens (the name listed on the order form). The bed linens are cute, but I think we’re going to look at JcPenney/Target to try to find better quality. http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/1150825/residence-hall-linens-are-they-good/p4

I got all of my basic dorm needs from a specific vendor that OSU suggested that we look at. Everything came in one package and it was easy for me to assemble in my dorm since everything was in one place and everything fitted. It’s also up to the customer too if he or she wants to just purchase separate items from other stores.

Hello, my son would like some advice about the OWLs Program (Ohio Welcome Leaders). It’s open to incoming freshmen, and the OWLs help people move into their dorms. He would go to campus early, meet freshmen and upperclass OWLs, be trained, and be a part of this program. Has anyone been an OWL? Do you like the program or not? Thank you.

Last year I was an OWL myself (my scholars program helps with this)! I think its a pretty good way to get acquainted with campus a little early, and it makes for a less crowded move in process. Overall I would recommend it if your son is interested!

I’m not sure if you would know this, but how difficult is it to get a position as a tour guide for the school? Maybe they’re called ambassadors or something. I know at some schools it’s really tough but is it like that at osu?

Personally I don’t know how difficult it is to get the job, however the University Ambassador web page is pretty detailed about the details of the hiring process, so I definitely recommend checking it out!

http://ambassadors.osu.edu/apply.html

I do know that the application for this year is closed already, but the application to be an ambassador for next year will probably be opening in the winter.

Hey i am a highschool student with a 3.54 weighted gpa and 1870 sat. 4 AP classes. My school does not rank. What are my chances for Fisher Direct? Btw english is not my first language.

Hey i am a highschool junior who wants to get in Fisher Direct. I have a 3.54 weighted gpa. 4 AP classes and 2 honors.( Including the 2APs im gonna take my senior year) and 1870 SAT. My school doesn’t rank. What are my chances with grades alone?

@Yuri88807 The link below tells you exactly what criteria must be met in order to be accepted directly into Fisher. Since your school doesn’t rank, you will want to speak with your high school counselor about possibly finding out what your rank WOULD BE if your school did officially rank. There’s a pretty good chance that your school has a way of ranking students, it’s just that the information isn’t released. Even if English isn’t your first language, if you meet the criteria you’ll be fine.

http://fisher.osu.edu/undergraduate/admissions/

Hey all!
I feel the title of this thread is pretty straight forward!
I am a first year student here at OSU. I’m a business major, part of the scholars program, and pretty involved in campus. I know this time of year is pretty stressful for those of you making college decisions. The reason I’m starting this thread is to answer any questions you all may have when it comes to campus life, academics, or any other aspect of OSU life that you may have. Whether you’re a senior making final decisions, or a freshman putting together a list of potential college candidates, I really just want to help you all in any way possible.

So, ask away! :slight_smile:

We don’t allow “Ask me anything” threads that give the appearance no one else should answer in that thread. As can be seen, there were two threads that had this title. I have merged them and retitled the thread. Anyone with knowledge about a question should feel free to reply. - FC