Asking for a literature attribute

<p>My basic question: can a student get approval for a core attribute (literature in this case) on a 300 level class? </p>

<p>My D needs a FA and an L to fulfill her core. She wants to take RUS 223 19th Century Russian Literature in Translation but it isn’t offered this year. She emailed the prof and he told her it would be a while before it is offered again. However, he will offer his Tolstoy and Dostoevsky courses next year. When D inquired about a literature attribute, he told her they are not available for the literature attribute because they are 3xx level (though they are clearly lit classes). D would love (with a capital L) to take these courses. </p>

<p>Is it unheard of to seek some sort of approval to get them approved for a core designation? If it is worth a try, where would she start?</p>

<p>Bumping but guessing from the lack of response that nobody has ever asked for an attribute to be assigned to a class when it previously wasn’t…</p>

<p>The English department seems very adamant about not putting literature designations on 300/400 level courses or other courses that do not already have the designation despite some being literature courses in everything but designation.</p>

<p>Thank you for the reply, Sea_tide. I contacted the registrar’s office today. They suggested D ask her advisor to petition for an exception. They said she would need to go through her College advisor. So, with nothing to lose, she plans to do so.</p>