ASU merit notification and GPA question

My child’s merit letter came separately from the acceptance letter. There were about 10 days apart. You can also see the award in the Finance tab of my.asu.edu under Renewable Aid Program Status.

1 Like

We submitted application on Nov 10,and haven’t got the results…I am hoping within a couple of weeks we should know the results…

Son got his acceptance for CS (Fulton). Do we need to apply for President’s scholarship explicitly ? Also need to file FAFSA in order to be considered for President’s scholarship ?

We got accepted as well. But there are no specific information on website. We applied for b school so should be admitted to b school.

We didn’t file fafds, do we need to file anything for scholarship? I am a bit confused. Or you have to file fafds to get scholarships.

Oh thank you! Just did and saw a provost award.

Thank you for directing us the the Renewable Aid section! My son has an award listed there…Wondering if that means that he actually got it, or does it mean he could apply for it? Honesty, with his GPA, I wasn’t expecting him to get anything. It’s called the University Award for what seems to be $7500 per year. I’ve searched the ASU site but didn’t find anything.

No problem. Does your page look like this? if it is, I do think it’s an award that’s been awarded. You will probably receive a letter soon. I think out of state public schools try to offer something, especially if the test score is above average for the school. Congratulations! I think they know such offer eases the pain of paying out-of-state tuition when you can do in-state and makes the choice between out-of-state private and out-of-state public a little bit more favorable. Just my sense.

Yes, it looks just like that. Thank you so much! This will absolutely make a difference for us!

How do I follow up on merit scholarship. We still dont see anything in myasu portal or heard from any admission reps. They just disappeared saying they will get back and nothing.

I’d suggest emailing again. Have you heard back from them yet?

Nothing yet… They just say that it is under review…My son has acceptance in Iowa State and Rutgers as well… Almost crossing this off our list, since I am worried that we are already getting the taste of big school delayed action…

Honestly, I don’t think it would hurt to contact them and leverage acceptance/financial aid from other schools.

I did. I mentioned that ASU would not be feasible without scholarship. They are so lax about it, I am wondering how good they will be about providing support to students ( I mean it is a pretty big school).

1 Like

based on their financial aid + scholarship stats, I think the likelihood of receiving additional aid is very high! Good luck!