Attire for Parent Tea?

<p>Our son is pledging a fraternity and we will be coming for all the homecoming activities including the Parent Tea Friday afternoon. Please share your suggestions for the both my husband and my attire for the Parent Tea and for game day (game day includes parade watching, meal at the house and game)…we want to ensure we are appropriately dressed. Thanks and Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I have been to several functions around campus ( no fraternity functions) and it always seems that the parents and students are all dressed very nicely. Think Sunday Best or Business Casual. An organization I belong to hosts an annual tea and the ladies dress up with hats and gloves. I don’t think it would be that formal, so no need for gloves, but I wouldn’t expect to see shorts, jeans, or sneakers either. I’d wear something crimson or houndstooth or accessorize with that color or print. :)</p>

<p>I saw lots of casual attire at the parade and on the quad last homecoming but people who were going off to receptions and such were very well dressed. Perhaps your son could check with some of his older frat brothers. Maybe you could take a cue from what he is required to wear?</p>

<p>Sounds like fun, have a great time!</p>

<p>Think Sunday Best or Casual Chic. </p>

<p>the moms tend to be well-accessorized…not just any ole pants and top.</p>

<p>Our Parents’ Weekend activities included a Parents Reception at my son’s fraternity. The boys were all in jacket and tie, most dads were wearing jackets (no tie) and moms were in day dresses or slacks and blouse. It was a great opportunity to meet my son’s friends and other parents. Game day attire at the fraternity tailgate party was crimson and houndstooth-- no denim or tennis shoes. Enjoy your visit!</p>