Attn Mom's of girls Rushing

<p>Just a heads up that many parents send girls what are called ‘baskets’ to celebrate their new Greek affiliation. of course Bama has a store just for these baskets.</p>

<p>They need to be ordered ASAP…Here are the four choices.</p>

<p>How it works: The Trunk gets the list of where each girl is getting a bid to very early in the morning on bid day. All throughout the day they deliver the baskets to the houses. They are wrapped in clear plastic and have nice bows on them. The girls are pretty excited by getting them as they have all sorts of branded items with their new letters on them. I would say that Bid Day Gift Package #2 and #3 were the most popular per my daughter’s memory.</p>

<p>If the girl decides that she is not going to pledge the house or if she quits rush, a refund is issued.</p>

<p>[Greek</a> Packages | The Trunk](<a href=“http://www.heybama.com/Bid-Day-Gifts/View-all-products.html]Greek”>http://www.heybama.com/Bid-Day-Gifts/View-all-products.html)</p>

<p>I hope this link works…if not PM me and I will send it to anyone who is interested.</p>

<p>I have to say…$40 for 4 pieces? $10 for a plastic cup? If you’re going to spend $40, buy a nice little flower arrangement to be delivered several days later, after classes start.
The pledges/new members will receive a ton of sorority stuff from the sorority…a pile of stuff that will put that little $40 bag to shame. Hold off on the sorority stuff to see what they get and what you can fill in.</p>

<p>And don’t send the flowers on bid day because many of the girls immediately go off to new member retreats and won’t see the flowers. That’s why I suggested waiting a few days to send them.</p>

<p>I planned on going that day and buying something specific to the house she gets into and leaving it for her. Some of the stuff in the baskets is generic, like it just says “Go Greek”. Some of the little stuff she wouldn’t even use. So I’ll just go pick out a few things I know she would want and go that way.</p>

<p>I wanted to have something delivered to her, so I customized a basket from The Trunk. You do not have to buy what is in the pre-made packages. They do have cute “Alabama” items and depending on where your DD pledges, they will make sure you get the correct “greek” items. In other words, if she goes DG, they’ll make sure the keychain you chose is a DG keychain.</p>

<p>my daughter didn’t want a basket of “stuff”, so i never got her one. if your daughter is like mine and doesn’t like a lot of “stuff”, she might like a necklace. </p>

<p>search sorority necklaces or charms.</p>

<p>another thing they all seem to like is something called a spirit jersey.</p>

<p>just an idea.</p>

<p>I just got sorority shorts and a sweatshirt with some of those hair ties. We won’t be able to be there for Bid Day, so I felt it was the best way to send her a hug long distance! I agree though that the trinket-y stuff held no appeal to DD, so we skipped all that.</p>

<p>Thanks for all of the great suggestions! I’m feeling bad that I won’t be able to make it for bid day. A nice way for her to feel like I’m there in spirit!</p>

<p>I did the same thing as Meremom. I customized a basket. I got her the Go Greek tank, nike type shorts with her letters, hair ties and a gift card to make her own sweatshirt.</p>

<p>FYI…James Avery has Lavaliers…they make a nice gift. You need to buy the charm and necklace separately.
[James</a> Avery Jewelry](<a href=“http://search.jamesavery.com/?searchtext=sorority&snp=1&Submit=SEARCH&search_originated=1]James”>http://search.jamesavery.com/?searchtext=sorority&snp=1&Submit=SEARCH&search_originated=1)
There is a James Avery at the Summit.
Also in some cases (this varies from sorority to sorority) your DD’s may not be able to wear just their letters, sport sorority jewelry with their letters on it or put their letters on their car until AFTER initiation.</p>

<p>BID DAY is one month from today!!!</p>

<p>WOO HOO!! Moms and girls . . . are you ready???</p>

<p>I am willing to give hugs to whomever needs an “in abstencia” mom.</p>

<p>Further, I will be there all week if anyone needs anything…am planning a day-trip to Atlanta on Aug 10th to fulfill IKEA shopping list. </p>

<p>Let me know if you need a parent to “help”</p>

<p>^ Are you still going to be there August 17th to organize a CC gathering for the “regular” move-in?</p>

<p>How about a Happy Hour get together on Friday or Saturday evening for the moms? </p>

<p>Thinking Saturday might be best as the girls will all be gone and we will be all by our lonesome.</p>

<p>Yup. Bid Nite Party for the Moms!</p>

<p>Also, something earlier in the week (once or twice). Lol</p>

<p>TXA- Nice job - planning mom parties while our daughters do recruitment - count me in!!! LOL</p>

<p>Well, that is good Christine, because I’m fixin to offer up our condo as the site!</p>

<p>Can you spell. B U N K O ???</p>

<p>Lol</p>

<p>Sounds like a plan (or party)!!!</p>

<p>This may sound like a silly question but do the girls change their dresses during the day?</p>

<p>Also, what type of bag do they carry since they have to leave it outside?</p>