AU Kogod School of Business vs Syracuse Whitman for Finance

My son has 2 options for undergrad finance major program. (AU kogod school of business in DC or SU whitman). Can someone share their views on any of these colleges? Much appreciated. Cost for both of these colleges for him is pretty same.

Two fine schools. You have weather, size, sports, location differences.

SU is closer to things…ie Marshall Street - yea it’s true. But AU is in DC and a 15 minute walk and short train ride you’re in the heart of DC.

Has he been to both ? SU is larger and nicer but nicer is my opinion, what’s his ?

Has he spoken with students at both ?

Didn’t you have to decide by May 1?

No wrong choice.

Good luck.

He already committed to AU as he was waitlisted in SU. Yesterday he got his acceptance letter from SU also. Now he is a bit confused. He is very much interested in sports and is social kid.
We have visited both places and we loved SU campus but in case of AU we noticed that not much is in campus but a lot to do in DC. I am not sure how active career centers are in both colleges.

Yes that’s whT I was saying -AU is in Dc but not in DC :slight_smile:

SU has bigger sports but AU has sports.

Today so many kids fine jobs on LinkedIn and indeed and handshake which most schools use. Yes both will have solid listings but careers are less based on the school and more the kid’s hustle.

Let me ask you this. Had he not been waitlisted at SU and both were options on day one, did he have a favorite ?

Like from the beginning, b4 decisions, after seeing each.

As he is very much into sports he definitely liked SU a bit more before getting any results. One thing he did not like much about AU was that it is a very political active school. On the other hand, he noticed that in AU there was a lot of focus on internships.

He can and will find internships from any school if he’s a go getter.

It’s clear from your writings that he should go to SU.

Thanks for the useful feedback. Will update in next few days what he decided.

2 Likes

Did your son decide ?

Regarding finance: Internships are very important in this field.

The OP has not been back since 5/9.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.