AU Transfer Spring 2021

Don’t think anyone has made this yet since the application hasn’t even opened yet, but I’m already anxious about it LMAO

Anyone have any idea what housing for transfers is like at AU?

(Not a chance me, but I’ll provide my stats anyways lol)

GPA: 3.90
ACT: 31 (not sure if I have to submit this or not but I probably will anyways)
HS GPA: Not submitting because I have slightly over 30 credits

Based on the fall plan, it’s being assumed that housing for the spring will resemble something similar to fall. Of course, this is if the situation regarding COVID doesn’t change significantly. For fall, Transfers are being housed in any of 13 residence halls in single rooms.

Do you know if transfers are guaranteed housing, or if they aren’t how easy or hard it is to get housing?

@plzlemmein For Fall 2020, no group of students is guaranteed housing except for incoming freshmen. I do know that they have set aside housing for transfers, which will be given out based on deposit date submission.

hey! just saw you started a thread for spring transfer applicants. I was accepted as a transfer student for Fall 2020, so if you have questions about anything lmk!

I believe there’s currently a page on the AU website for Spring 2021 housing. I would look there. For fall there’s been a lot of mixed responses (the official COVID-19 Response letter says differently from the housing page). I emailed housing today about it and will hopefully hear back on Monday since they’ve been pretty quick with responses!

good luck!

hi! thank you so much for responding, honestly the application process seems pretty straightforward and I don’t think I’ll have too many problems getting my app in. I know that the applications opens on August 1, and on their website it says that they’ll have a decision ready within 4-6 weeks after submission of all required materials. Did they get back to you this quickly?

Honestly I’m reallyyyyyy anxious and I hope I get in. I literally want to go to this school so bad–I’ve participated in numerous webinars and virtual information sessions. I’ve done my hardest to demonstrate interest and I hope it pays off.

Anyways, does anyone have an estimate of how many students are applying to transfer this Spring? I feel like it’s not that many at all…so the chances of getting in are probably much higher!

@FutureBizzle11 The typical admissions statistics are as follows:
Around 1400-1500 applicants
Around 1000-1100 admitted
Around 400-450 applicants register

Of course, there’s no telling how this will change based on the current pandemic and recession.

@izrk02 How do we find out if we’ve been admitted or not? I submitted my app a couple of weeks ago, and I haven’t gotten an email from AU confirming that they received my app or my transcripts. I made a Future Eagle Portal account because that’s what they said to do on the website, but my application isn’t listed there.

@plzlemmein You should email your admissions representative because everything should be listed in your Future Eagle Portal. You should also double check that you used the same email for everything, just in case.

Do they look at demonstrated interest for transfers?

@FutureBizzle11 Yes.

What is financial aid looking like for you guys? I’m worried because of my low income (compared to others who are attending) American won’t give out enough scholarships because of my transfer status. I’m crossing my fingers COVID will help a little with that but I’m not counting on it.

has anyone been notified of their decision yet?

@FutureBizzle11 My application was received two weeks ago and on the website it says that it should take like 4-6 weeks for them to make a decision, so I’m probably not going to hear back until around mid-October at the earliest.

It’s the exact same thing for me. have they evaluated your transfer courses yet?

@FutureBizzle11 They sent me an email like a week ago with a transfer credit evaluation, which I thought was weird considering I haven’t even gotten a decision yet. I’m pretty confused though because they only listed two of the fifteen courses I’ve completed so far, and they were two classes that wouldn’t relate at all to my degree and what I would be studying at AU.

I got the credit evaluation too. I’m not sure if it’s just protocol to do that before a student has been admitted or not. Kinda weird–hopefully it’s a good sign though.

@FutureBizzle11 Yeah, hopefully. I just hope the credit evaluation isn’t complete, because it would really suck to have to start all over as a first-semester freshman when I’m halfway done with my sophomore year though.