Auburn Housing 2023

Any tips on housing registration, and can you share what’s still open as registration progresses for incoming freshman? Has anyone heard which dorms will be closed for renovation 2023-24 school year/where construction will be? Thank you.

1 Like

Following-I am curious too about the likelihood of getting housing. We are tomorrow (Day 3) at 12cst and my daughter has a group of 4 hoping to live in the Village. The girls are planning to go through rush and move in dates are Aug. 1-3rd for those girls but several of the Village dorms move in dates are now posted Aug 7th for Talon and Aug 3rd for 2 floors in Holloway so it limits things even more. I didn’t realize it was going to be this stressful.

Hi, my daughter and her roommates just signed up this morning in the first time slot. They were amazed because they got the last 4-bedroom suite in the Village. They are in the all-girls dorm near the sororities. If you look at the breakdown, there actually aren’t that many spaces in the Village since sororities, honors, and RLCs take up a few of the buildings.

1 Like

They were the last in the all girls dorm or last in all of the village? Thx!!!

Also does it give the option to split up the group?

I believe they were the very last room in the Village. They didn’t really care if they were in a co-ed or the female dorm but the only room left was in the Plainsman dorm, which is all girls. It’s really crazy how fast it filled up but maybe someone from an earlier timeslot will decide to change from the Village to another dorm.

I am not sure about splitting up but I do know that they had their group of four set and that whoever the lead person is (typically, the one with the earliest time slot) has to invite the roommates so I am not sure how splitting up would work. I can ask if they saw any 2 or 3-room dorms left in the Village. I did ask if there was anything left in the Quad but they didn’t look because the Village was their first choice.

So, my daughter did say that there were rooms with 2 roommates and 2 open spaces, so there were some spaces left as of this morning. But, they got the last one with 4 open spaces.

1 Like

My daughter said that she thought you could dissolve the group of four and break into two groups of two but that might be tricky for the people with a later sign up since they won’t be tied to the person with the earliest time slot.

1 Like

I emailed housing and got this reply. It is crazy that half way in to day 2 and Village is already basically full. Glad your daughter was able to secure a room!!!

“Currently the Village is nearly full and we currently have 5 female open spaces left. I would encourage your student to look at other options they may be interested in living in as we cannot predict if or when these spaces may be filled. Depending on where your student may want to live if the Village is full it may be better to go in as a pair. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out and we would be happy to help.”

Does anyone know anything about 191 College? TIA

My daughter has a group of 4 and they wanted to live in the Villages. The girl with the earliest selection time slot of March 28th. Since the Villages are full does anyone know where else might be good to room for the 4 girls that is still on campus. The Quad would be nice but I am assuming that will likely be full by March 28th if it isn’t already. Thank you :relaxed:

We are today at 12cst. I’ll let you know what the status is after our time. I think others have said just to be patient, get them in what you can and just be persistent to get them moved as people drop. I think if you aren’t married to your group it is a good idea to be willing to split. Think it will be easier to find 2 than 4. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! Best of luck at noon today! I will be anxious to hear how it goes.

1 Like

Apparently, there is an Auburn Parents page on Facebook that is keeping an updated list of what is remaining. It’s called: Auburn Class of 2027-PARENTS.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I didn’t know about this and it will be so helpful. I really appreciate you sharing this :relaxed:

1 Like

Ok so room selection was very hectic!! If the girls want to be together there is nothing left in 191 College, the only place I saw anything for groups of 4 was Ross and I think there was ALOT left in there. Just a heads up-I thought you would be able to only select 2 of the girls and move forward but it wouldn’t because we had a group of 4. I felt awful having to let the other 2 go but that is the only way they could get a room. So you can always see what is available but you will have to remove 2 in order to move forward in the process. The quad still rooms- I wouldn’t say a ton of them but there were rooms in Little and Lumpton mostly. Cambridge also has a lot of rooms left but those are doubles as well. So if you are Tuesday, because they don’t have dates over the weekend, I would think you might still be good esp for Cambridge for groups of 2 or Ross for either 2 or 4. I am not sure this helps but thought I would update you. Good luck on Tuesday!!!

2 Likes

This helps so so much! Thank you for this update. I really appreciate it and I know my daughter will too :relaxed:

1 Like