Auburn University Early Action for Fall 2024 Admission

This is the official thread for those applying EA to Auburn University.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

OOS
3.96 UW
1330 SAT
Biology
Alumni parent
Varsity athlete, all region, scouts , young life

Quick question, should I wait until later early action date to get test score up? Here is my info:
OOS
3.81 UW
25 ACT
AICE Diploma with Merit
8 AICE classes, 3 AP classes, 6 dual enrollment classes
Exercise Science Major
Varsity Cross Country 4 years Captain 2 years
Varsity Track 3 years
Varsity Rowing State Champion Freshmen year
HOSA Member/Volunteer
National Honor Society Member
180 community service hours for Superstars Sports Camp and Milers Running Club

FLORIDA
CLASS RANK, Number 1 out of 424
1550 SAT
5.55 GPA
ALL Math and Science APs Complete
Applied for Mech Engineering

Our recruiter told us today that our son should hear about acceptance and the Academic Presidential scholarship offer within a week.

1 Like

WOW! Those Stats are impressive.

D24
OOS
TO
4.0 UW
4.2W
Too many ECs to list every club you can think of but very little leadership roles in the clubs, 2 varsity sports all 4 years, 200+ volunteer hours, part time job 3 years

This is my second child going through the Aubrn application process.
As OOS applicants we were told 2 years ago by our recruiter as long as the applicant meets Presidential or Heritage Scholarship criteria to apply EARLY.

2 Likes

We are doing test optional so that has made it hard for us to know what we are eligible for. But fingers crossed. My D24 did get her Alabama acceptance last week but she is holding out for a couple more and Auburn being one of those.

All of our recruiters that we have used at our different schools applied told us “Don’t believe test-optional” SUBMIT SCORES (SAT in our case).

1 Like

I said this in another board for Auburn admissions: Wanted to post here too to see if anyone has heard of this as well.

So my D24 received a text from Auburn late last night giving her the information to join a Auburn 2024 snap chat group to connect with other prospects. Wondering if everyone is invited to this that applies or how they do this. Seems if its sent to everyone then it could get a little crazy in the group. Also seems weird they would do this before being accepted because what if you dont get accepted and you have already made all the new friends. Wouldnt that make not getting accepted even harder for the students? Just random thoughts here. Wondering if this is a new thing and if anyone else was invited this snap group?

2 Likes

No such invite on our end.

Interesting. Maybe it was sent to ones that applied at a certain time or something. Im not sure, but another girl from our school was also sent the text as well and also joined the snap chat group as well. So maybe sent by region even, not sure how they decided who was sent the text and who wasnt. Not sure if it means something or not! Hmmm…

1 Like

Not sure either. The application went in 2 weeks ago. We didn’t receive any such invite for my older son as well. For his application 2 years ago it went in Sept 6 2021 and we heard back Sept 16th. So I’m expecting an admittance this week and our recruiter said the same.

Oh really? I was thinking we wouldn’t start seeing any acceptance until mid October is what I thought I read. Are they rolling admissions? I thought for EA those wont be until October? Would be awesome if this is true so we will know if this is a college to keep on the list or cross off.

2 Likes

Correct, it “says” mid-October but we heard a lot quicker last go-round.
There were 4 Different EA Windows with the first of Sept 15th.

Decision Type Required Materials Received By Decision Released
Round 1 September 15, 2023 Mid-October
Round 2 October 15, 2023 Mid-November
Round 3 November 15, 2023 Mid-December
Early Action Round 4 December 1, 2023 Early-February
Regular February 1, 2024 Early March

Good to know! I am hopeful that maybe we will know any day now and not have to wait until October. That would be awesome :slight_smile:

Our recruiter told us that the top performers regardless of In State/OOS getting awarded merit scholarships get their acceptances first and then on down the line.

3 Likes

Yours will be hearing soon then I am sure! Please keep me updated!

2 Likes