Augustana College vs Illinois Wesleyan University for Chemistry

I’m an international and don’t have the option to visit physically. Both colleges gave me similar aid, are at Illinois ( Augie at Rock Island, IWU at Bloomington), and have similar rankings. I’m confused. What would be the best choice for Chemistry major, with good internship opportunities?

IMO Illinois Wesleyan is stronger in stem, and in a MUCH better college town. Bloomington Normal is a mid-size city with much to do, plentiful internship opportunities, and Illinois State U is close by so easy to take advantage of the concerts they bring to town, as well as their parties (!)

2 Likes

Augie is across the river from Davenport, where I live, in the Quad Cities. I’ve been to Bloom/Normal and I prefer the Quad Cities – very friendly people and the river is there for views. There’s an art museum, a minor league baseball team, an events/music arena (The Mark… now called something else). There’s also Quad City-style pizza – malt in the crust, loaded-on toppings, distinctively cut. (strips and sails)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.