Austinites to Aggieland (TAMU) how long did it take you to adjust to College Station?

I know a lot of people who are from Austin and transfered out of A&M because they did not like College Station.
I also know a lot of Austinites who loved it and stayed for all four years .

If you are an austinite, I want to hear YOUR experience.
How long did it take you to adjust ?
Are there things you like about college station more than Austin?

For example, I liked how the bus runs better in College station.

Since nobody has responded yet, I will chime in on behalf of my son. Son was born and raised in Austin; he’s a sophomore at A&M and in the Corps of Cadets. He finds College Station boring at times, but also said he’s too busy for it be a problem. He’s very happy at A&M, though, and has made good friends and always finds something to do in his free time. The politics at A&M are more conservative than he’s used to, but he’s a respectful, open-minded person, so it’s never an issue for him. He believes in “live and let live”. The benefits of attending a tier-one school far outweigh any negatives. He does come home to Austin when he can, but not as often as during his fish year. What he likes more about College Station is the Texas-friendly attitude compared to Austin (it’s like Austin was a couple of decades ago).