Auto admission question

<p>Hi i I am an auto admit with first quarter class rank assigned by TAMU. However, I have heard from some unverified source that even though I am an auto-admit, I may not be given a place in the university eventually coz I heard this happened to some ppl who assume they are auto admit and in but eventually turns out to be they are rejected. Does anyone know such a scenario happening during the admission process? Do I get a 100% chance of getting into TAMU as an auto-admit?</p>

<p>Thanks for advice coz I am pretty worried now</p>

<p>Don’t listen to unverified sources! :)</p>

<p>I’m no expert, but I have talked to the A&M admission people and they will reject an auto-admit (high SATs, for example) if their grades are bad or drop a lot senior year.</p>

<p>I suppose there are always some kids who think they are a lock and then goof off, senior year. </p>

<p>Relax…but keep up your grades.</p>

<p>Hmmmm…I have never heard of that happening. I think there was ONE case on this board from someone who thought he was an auto admit - but I don’t think the poster ever came back to verify that he had, in fact, been given the proper ranking by TAMU - it is possible it was just assumed. I don’t know. TAMU’s website is pretty clear about the criteria for academic admit.</p>

<p>It’s not JUST being in the top 25%, of course. That’s in combination with the proper test scores.</p>

<p>Applicants qualify for automatic academic admission (but not necessarily to the major of choice), if they successfully complete the minimum required coursework and:</p>

<p>•rank in the top quarter of their graduating class;
•achieve a combined SAT Math and SAT Critical Reading score of at least 1300 with a test score of at least 600 in each of these components; or achieve a composite ACT score of at least 30 with a test score of at least 27 in ACT Math and ACT English (students must take the writing component of the SAT and/or ACT in order for the test score to be considered);
•meet the State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy; and
•ensure all required credentials are received by the freshman closing date.</p>

<p>[Office</a> of Admissions | Texas A&M University - Freshman | How to be Admitted](<a href=“http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted]Office”>http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted)</p>

<p>I would just stay in close contact with the Admissions office to make sure you have all your bases covered.</p>

<p>Thanks for your replies and good to see you again cromette, you have been such an encouraging person for all of us in this forum! </p>

<p>I do understand the criteria for admission to TAMU and I believe I have fulfilled all of them(including SAT scores). But it seems to me that TAMU does not require me to submit my final senior high school score because I have submitted my predicted results instead and from what I see on the AIS, all the relevant boxes for ducuments required are checked and “processed”. So does anyone think there is a need for me submit the final senior year score since I have submitted my predicted results and all that to be considered for admission.??</p>

<p>And when am I gonna hear from them as an auto admit? Thank you very very much</p>

<p>Aggiewannabe,</p>

<p>Thanks! :slight_smile: I had D submit all transcripts, midyear and final - just so they could see she wasn’t slacking. Yours is a bit different than hers because of yours being international - not too sure about that.</p>

<p>As to when you will hear…well, that’s usually the 64 Million dollar question. If you look at some of the posts from last year, you can probably get an idea of timeline. I can remember us being very antsy even though D was an auto admit, because we wanted to get housing confirmed.</p>

<p>Thanks cromette! I think I just need to have patience to endure the gruelling waiting now. Really hope I could go to the aggieland and join the corps of cadet as well haha</p>

<p>For the class of 2012 my son submitted his completed application in early/mid Sept and was notified of admission by early Oct. Good Luck.</p>

<p>If you want to major into the Engineering or Business school, I would advise for you to finish your application by the beginning of October. I know last year all those spots were filled before the November deadline.</p>