Auto admission

<p>So I am an academic auto-admit that wants to do Mechanical Engineering. I've been hearing that spots fill up quickly and that I need to apply ASAP. How am I supposed to apply ASAP if my school only opens August 26? My essays, meningitis vaccination, and proof of residence are the only things I can submit atm. My transcript and other school documents won't be available until late August at the earliest. Am I supposed to apply and then send the transcript? or am I supposed to provide everything?</p>

<p>I don’t think it matters. If you’re top 10%, you’ll get in either way.</p>

<p>I’m more concerned about getting the major. I’m hoping that the spots for ME won’t fill up in like the 1st month.</p>

<p>I think just about every school in Texas opens on the 26th (A&M included), so you should be fine.</p>

<p>I think he is talking about his high school</p>

<p>I know he’s talking about his high school.</p>

<p>my high school opens on the 19th and i live in texas</p>

<p>Not much of a difference, so he should still be fine. They’re all gonna open within a week of each other.</p>

<p>It is unlikely your school’s administration is totally shut down until Aug 26. Call your school to find out how soon you can request and get a transcript sent to TAMU. You can also get dates on availability of your counselor from your school’s website.</p>

<p>My kids’ school starts on Aug 26 as well but someone answers the phone and says the counselors will be available on Aug 1.</p>

<p>^^This. Most Texas High School administration offices are open through most of the summer. Call them and request a transcript. What else do you need from them? Sounds like you’re all set! :smiley: Good luck, OP.</p>

<p>you don’t need your transcript to submit your application. You can submit your application with essay. The Howdy page will update with a checkmark as steps are Completed. The first day of school ask your counselor to submit your transcript. Then your app will be in review.</p>

<p>Alright, thanks for all the posts! I’ll call tomorrow and find out.</p>

<p>You don’t provide the transcript. it will be sent electronically by your High School. My dd applied Sept 10 of last year and her transcript was received and acknowledged, 2 weeks later after her application. She was admitted two weeks later.</p>

<p>Etxcat, that’s not always the case. Depends on the GC at the high school. It just needs to be an official transcript, sealed by the school.</p>

<p>Its usually faster if the school sends it electronically but it doesn’t hurt to do both!</p>

<p>From what I’ve read they prefer electronic and Texas schools can do that. I guess paper may be OK.</p>

<p>An official high school transcript with class rank. If your school does not rank, a school profile from your high school must be provided as part of the application file. Students who are still in high school (including home-schooled students) must submit an official transcript listing courses, units of credit per course, and grade per course at least through the junior year. The class rank should reflect the six semesters. Students who have graduated from high school (including home-schooled students) must submit an official transcript that also includes senior courses and date of graduation. To be considered official, a transcript must have an original signature of a school official or an original school seal. Faxed, scanned or e-mailed copies will not be accepted. </p>

<p>Effective December 2, 2012 Texas A&M will accept transcripts sent electronically through TREx only. Transcripts from any other vendor will not be accepted.</p>