Auto admit?

<p>Currently i am ranked 25 out of 247, which makes me 10.1%
rank 24 is 9.7% and rank 26 is 10.5%.
I know no one can really answer this but do I have a good chance in being automatically admitted?</p>

<p>If you can get your grades up to be that top 10%
or
do well on the SAT or ACT and stay in the 25%</p>

<p>It’s all up to you :slight_smile:
You’re so close!
Don’t let it be “Man, I was so close to being number 24…”
not something you’ll regret. </p>

<p>Good luck!! :)</p>

<p>You have to also take into account that maybe the size of your class will change over time. If you’re a rising senior it may not be so drastic but be aware that the change of class size may not be to your benefit. People can drop out, graduate early, etc. My senior year we had kids pulling out of school for whatever reason and my percentile went down a bit.
Just keep those grades up. Good luck!</p>

<p>Yes, I am a rising senior. I’m just about to send in my application.</p>

<p>Heres some more information if it helps.</p>

<p>GPA: 3.99
Percentile: 10.1% (UGH)
ACT Score: 26 composite; math 24, reading 30, english 27, science 23</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
Swimming
PACE(tutoring)
National Honors Society (Secretary)
Peers for Positive Change
Class Council
Tennis
FCA
and theres a lot more.</p>

<p>I’m also a manager at a bakery in town (I’m only 17 too :))</p>

<p>What are my chances?</p>

<p>Aren’t most incoming seniors only 17…? But you should put that on your app and it might help</p>

<p>Also if its helps, I am applying for the College of Geosciences (atmospheric sciences)</p>

<p>Hopefully you may get some last minute transfer students into your class haha.
Quite honestly, if you don’t get into that top 10% you may just be in the running for the PSA/Gateway program. Try to get your ACT up by a few. Depending on how often your school updates your transcripts, send it in as soon as you see you’re ranking is in the top 10% You’re so close! Hang in there.</p>

<p>Ouch!If you didn’t know it, your rank at the end of junior year/start of senior year is the one that counts toward admission. (I’m sure this was what I was told for UT Austin but I expect that it is also true for TAMU). Even if you are solidly in the top 10% after fall semester I don’t think it counts for automatic uadmission. You probably ought to check with admissions to see if being 10.1 is good enough. It won’t matter if your SAT’s are high enough because this would also qualify you for automatic admission, check the website for ********* requirements. Our guidance counselor told students if they were just inside the top 10% they should be sure and apply and get their applications in before reranking was done in the early fall. Depending on the number of students moving in or out of the school your rank could change. This might work in reverse for you if there is an increase in the number of seniors since last year. Unfortunately I believe that number usually goes down not up but it could. Good Luck. BTW, I would expect that if the rank changed in your favor, I’ll bet you could resubmit the transcript. Again check with admissions.</p>

<p>I am incoming freshmen to Texas A&M. I was close to top 10% in my high school for my final rank. My class rank thru my junior ye (this was used in admissions) was 88/751. Top 12%. Then after my first semester senior yr, my final class rank was 80/776. I was two people out of top 10% since they counted 78 as the last person in top ten percent at my school. I got accepted by both A&M and UT austin anyways. So it depends on your school. If your school rounds up that 24.7 to 25 as top ten percent, then you are granted auto admission. If they don’t , then that’s gonna depend on Texas A&M admissions. Ask Texas A&M Admission.</p>