Automatic admission for a California resident?

<p>I am not a Texas resident, but I fill all of the requirements for the "Academic Admit" automatic admission. The requirements do not list anything about being a Texas resident. Am I eligible for automatic admission as a California resident?</p>

<p>Yes :)</p>

<p>BTW it only guarantees admission to the university and not to your major which is filled on a rolling basis, so if you are interested apply ASAP. Some majors fill quicker than others, which major are you interested in?</p>

<p>Civil engineering?</p>

<p>Engineering fills quickly - If you apply very soon you would have an acceptance into engineering --if you wait, and it is almost full (last year 85% was the cutoff) you have to compete with all other applicants in the holistic review for the remaining engineering slots or declare another major. </p>

<p>After how many weeks/months does it fill up?</p>

<p>It certainly filled well before November for engineering last year but slots opened up later (some of my son’s classmates, autoadmitted in November, but waitlisted for engineering, were on edge until January when they got admitted into their actual engineering major). There are additional threads on this. But who knows? this year could fill earlier - presumably best to not wait.</p>