Automatic admission

<p>Hi all, I am an international student who wants to study petroleum engineering at TAUM. I have some questions I hope the kind souls out there can help me answer and what are my chances??</p>

<ol>
<li>I know for international automatic admission, I need to be at 25% of the graduating class, what if my school does not give any rankings? Since there is no proof of ranking, can I choose not to send transcripts coz it's not necessary?</li>
</ol>

<p>2 I got an SAT CR+Math 1450, Olevel 10 As and 25% of the previous high school where I studied Olevels....whereas the high school I am currently studying in does not give any rankings so is it still necessary for me to send transcripts from the current high school? Anw, my predicted A level should look good. with A/B average</p>

<ol>
<li>Many extracurricular activity and some leadership positions. awards including second place in national robotics championship and at Asia-pacific championship. several awards from national competitions....</li>
</ol>

<p>What are my chances? please help!! I know I would get in with the SAT score and olevel result.. but the main thing is my current high school does not give ranking and even if I send the transcripts, they don't look so good(B average)..so I wish not to send transcripts from current high school. would that undermine my chances if i don't send them?</p>

<p>Many many many thanks pls help....</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure transcripts are required so that they could evaluate the difficulty of your high school coursework. </p>

<p>Other than that, I have no idea about your chances as a review admit.</p>

<p>the main problem for me is whether to send the transcripts from my current high school or not. The transcripts do not have ranking and they don’t look good( B average)…would that undermine my chances? What should I do if my school does not give any ranking and I want to qualify for automatic admit?? I do have 25% ranking from the previous high school attended. and a good predicted Alevel result and Olevel and SAT…the one thing I don’t have is ranking from current high school…omg, I am so confused and really don’t know what to do</p>

<p>Could a predicted Alevel make up for that? and it’s not really necessary to send my transcripts I think, coz they have no ranking on it.</p>

<p>Transcripts are required to start the review process. They will assign you a ranking. Transcripts also have your gpa which is pertinent to the review process.</p>

<p>The automatic admission based on class rank is for Texas residents only. As an international student your application will undergo holistic review. Your SATs make your admission likely.</p>

<p>Alright thank you guys…but on this sitehttp://admissions.tamu.edu/international/gettingin/waysAdmitted/freshmen.aspx
It does say international are automatically admitted if they are in the top 25%.
Anyway…I guess I’ll just send the transcript? what is B average equivalent to when converted into GPA?</p>

<p>OP is right, anyone can be an academic admit…not just Texans. But OP, your transcripts are definitely required. Lots of students from here attend schools that don’t rank and still need to send transcripts. They want to know how you performed in your classes, and look at which classes you’ve taken. Class rank is only one piece of information they get from transcripts. But I think your chances are pretty good. Good luck.</p>

<p>Thanks cromette!! Your comment made my day. I’ll try to get in as best as I can. But one more Qn, do you think a transcript with B average would undermine my chances? thanks!</p>

<p>I think a B average is actually pretty common. Can you put it in terms of a gpa? Did you have all a’s and b’s…maybe a c or 2? What was the rigor of your coursework? The will consider a lot of things. Congratulations on your SAT score!</p>

<p>okay…maybe it’s a coincidence or sth, I really had all Bs for 11th grade year end examination. The paper was not easy,though, I remember I got 80 percentile for some subjects even though I got B.but for some subjects I got only around 60 percentile I really do not know how to convert Alevel grade to gpa. The rigour was just average. Anw, by looking at my last year’s result, I don’t think I will qualify for automatic admission. But can other test scores, olevel, sat, predicted results make up for that? I really hope so… Thanks for your help cromette!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I called TAMU and confirmed this. </p>

<p>They will evaluate your transcripts themselves and assign you a ranking. You may get the top 25 ranking that you had before 11th grade. I think they are aware that A-levels are college level.</p>

<p>But your stats are good enough even without a top 25 ranking. Good luck!</p>

<p>OP, it’s like this - </p>

<p>If they assign you top 25% (which they very well might) - then you’re in.</p>

<p>If they don’t, then you become a review admit, and your stats, and your grades (even with your current B average) are VERY good.</p>

<p>I think your chances are great.</p>

<p>All you can do is apply and try not to stress too much.</p>

<p>Hang in there, OP.</p>

<p>Omg…lots of thanks to you guys for cheering me up. I’m coming to you aggieland …haha:)))</p>

<p>LEt me put it in A&O level terms. Send all your Statement of Results and Certificates of all the O, AS and A level exams you have given + the predicted grades. U dont need to send the school mocks test or mid year test (which you are calling as transcripts). For rank, if your high school doesnt rank then ask your school principal to write it in a letter and send it with your application; tamu will automatically assign you top 25% (considering your grades). This is what I did.</p>

<p>And remember to write some good essays.</p>