Automatic Scholarships

<p>I logged into mybama and looked at the “scholarship offers” tab just for kicks and it said this: “I am sorry, but this page is accessible only to New First Time Freshman and Transfers who were awarded scholarships.” Not sure why it doesn’t say the same thing as tjmom and busyperson1…</p>

<p>That is the same thing my son’s said prior to this. Don’t know when it changed and if it changing vs not changing means anything. My son is an auto scholarship kid and we do already have that letter and the engineering letter, but have had those for several months and still would see that message, even though he had the letters in hand.</p>

<p>Interesting. My son is a non-automatic offer kid, but it says the same thing as tjmom’s son’s, that offers will be out in mid-March. Either way, we’ll all know soon enough. Fingers crossed!!!</p>

<p>"I am sorry, but this page is accessible only to New First Time Freshman and Transfers who were awarded scholarships</p>

<p>I wonder if only CURRENT frosh and transfers have their offers listed right now on that page.</p>

<p>^^No. D is a current first year student. </p>

<p>"No award information is available for you at this time.</p>

<p>If you are a continuing student and your application is complete, awards will be made at the end of June."</p>

<p>But is that for need-based aid? I was thinking that all scholarships and aid showed up in the same place.</p>

<p>Has anyone received their scholarship notifications yet? I was told they were sent out early this week!</p>

<p>archer113, my son got a letter in the mail this past Saturday ane the offer was on his MyBama account last Friday.</p>

<p>^^DD2 got her offer letter on 3/16 and when she went onto MyBama the same day, her offers were there as well.</p>

<p>Darn I have yet to receive anything in the mail. I wonder if this means I didn’t get any :/</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>*I have a 25 ACT and a 3.95 *</p>

<p>I think the problem is the ACT. While your GPA is excellent, your ACT is in the problem.</p>

<p>The upper 25% of the school has an ACT 31+. It appears that an ACT 25 is in the bottom 50% of the school. So, that’s likely the problem. Sorry.</p>

<p>I didn’t receive a letter either and there is still nothing in mybama :frowning: I toured campus last week and fell in love! The architecture, the extremely amiable people, the warm weather, I could go on forever! Hopefully I will be able to work something out but without any scholarship money to ameliorate OOS tuition I don’t know if it will be possible…</p>

<p>@txdoula, I believe you said your son was in the same predicament as big2013 and I as far as barely missing the eligibility for automatic scholarships. Did he ever receive anything in the mail or on mybama when everyone else did?</p>