Available Honors Housing Options

<p>As of 10 pm this evening, here is what is showing available for guys:</p>

<p>Ridgecrest S-North - nothing</p>

<p>Ridgecrest West - 5 rooms with 1 available space</p>

<p>Riverside West - 4 rooms with 1 space, and 2 rooms with 2 spaces</p>

<p>Riverside East - 9 rooms with 1 space, and 4 rooms with 2 spaces</p>

<p>Lakeside West - 7 rooms with 1 space, 9 rooms with 2 spaces, and 2 rooms with 3 spaces</p>

<p>Hope this help the guys who deposited late and select on 3/24. Sorry, gals I can’t help you!</p>

<p>Thanks!! :)</p>

<p>Good to hear. Thanks for the info.</p>

<p>All, just so you know, some rooms are still being held by UA Housing for later release … even in Ridgecrest S-N. My D is in a 4 person suite in RSN that shows only 3 rooms (A, B, C) and when I asked Housing why room D was not showing up, they told me that the room was being held to be released later. So, there are likely MANY rooms left in Ridgecrest, Riverside and Lakeside that will be released as Housing moves through the process.</p>

<p>Thanks, Dad! That is good to know. I was under the impression that NMFs had guaranteed honors housing, so I was hoping that there was still hope. :)</p>

<p>Keep in mind, too, that if your student does not get the housing that he or she desires when picking that there will be vacancies popping up throughout the spring. Some students may move off campus into an apartment or fraternity/sorority house. Others may elect not to return to Alabama. So just keep checking regularly.</p>

<p>Usually, Bama sets aside some rooms in Riverside North for NMFs. Of course, if there are other honors rooms available, those can be selected as well.</p>

<p>For everyone else…if you don’t get the room you want…keep checking. Kids move around/change their minds as the weeks/months go on. And, when Bama is more certain about how many NMFs will actually be attending, other rooms are released.</p>

<p>Mom2 - it is good to hear that some honors rooms are being held for NMFs - my S applied late (still waiting to hear) and one concern is that there will not be space in the honors housing when commit time comes. My guess is there will be a bunch of kids in our position that will wait for all decisions to be known and offers evaluated before sending in their deposit.</p>

<p>SO my d has an April 12 housing date (still honors time). Does that mean she won’t get honors housing? SHe is not an NMF. One of the big reasons she applied to U of A was the fact that she could get a single room, albeit in a suite.</p>