Average class size at SLO

Does anyone know the average freshman class size or the average class size overall? Does it vary by major?

Never mind; found what I was looking for: 35.

The average class size at Cal Poly is lower (I think it is reported as 19), but average over 4 years has very little meaning. Some schools have a low average but still very large introduction classes. CP does not. You can look up courses you are interested in and see the total number of seats per section in PASS. Math 141 for example has 35 seats.

From a 2016 Cal Poly Counselor conference article (which I can’t link here), they state that the average class size is 35 and that the student to faculty ratio is 19:1. You can contact me offlist if you want the link.

I think my son’s Calc II and Physics II classes last year had ~47 kids in it. His COMS101 (required Public Speaking) was ~22. The only classes that have been large were the Intro to EE one, which was the entire EE class, at about ~180. One of his Gen Eds was larger, too, in Philosophy which was about 120 students.

No, i believe you. i must have been recalling the faculty to student ratio. The bottom line though is that CP is fairly unique among mid to large size state schools in that it doesn’t have big lectures almost ever. The largest hall on campus is in the B School. it only holds 200. My alma mater has quite a few lecture halls that hold over 500.