Average entering age for freshmen?

<p>This is kind of a weird topic but I really didn’t know where else to post it so here I go;</p>

<p>So I have a summer birthday which means that when I was about to start school in kindergarten my parents could choose to have me be one of the oldest kids in my class or the youngest. Then ended up choosing the former in a process known as “red-shirting” so all my life I’ve been a bit older than most of my classmates (and a few kids in the next grade up with summer birthdays whose parents did the opposite and had them start early). I’ve always felt a little awkward because of this and got a little lonely during high school feeling that I didn’t truly belong to either age group, but I got through it (mostly by hiding my bday on Facebook).</p>

<p>But now going into college I feel it might be awkward again because I’ll actually be starting right after I turn 19. So do you think that would make it awkward? What do you think the average entering age for college freshmen in the U.S. and UC’s are? Do you know of anyone else whose done something similar? Again, weird questions but would feel a little better with some closure if possible.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance :)</p>

<p>Nobody will know/care how old you are. How is being 19 years old different from being 18 years old?</p>

<p>We know freshmen who will be 17, 18 and 19. You will fit right in :).</p>

<p>I know a lot of people (especially kids who weren’t born but moved to the US), who are late one grade. The new school year starts in Jan- March in many parts of Asia, and when students move to America, it’s common for them to redo or even go down a grade. There’s really nothing to be worried about. Ahaha it’s only a big deal if you make it a big deal!</p>