Average GPA of accepted transfer students to TAMU ..Engineering?

<p>Anyone has an idea of what is it?</p>

<p>What's a good/competitive transfer GPA for Petroleum Engineering or other engineering majors? With having finished most/all classes on the degree track.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I went to A&M Transfer information day On Nov. 19. I was planning on transfer to PetE in Fall 2013. The head of PetE said anything less than 3.8 probably wont get to be look at as the program will be full. But he said it’s different each year, the applicant pool. </p>

<p>I’m an auto-admit for Spring 2014 through TAP program. But I cannot take just Cal 3 in Spring 2013 and waste a whole year of not taking anything else. Sucks, now I have to apply as regular transfer.</p>

<p>Wow! a 3.8. I’d have about a 3.7 when applying :/</p>

<p>It’s great that you have signed up for the TAP program. At least you can use it if you don’t get in when applying as a regular transfer.</p>

<p>Edit: Do you think that that 3.8 GPA mark is the same for applications for the spring and summer semester?</p>

<p>I signed up … but no way I’m taking another year of school just to go to A&M. I think Spring would be easier due to the fact that HS students will most likely register for Fall since last day of school is usually in May or June. Those top 10% auto-admit would take more available space in Summer or Fall and fill up department faster… So I think spring maybe best for transfers student. GPA i wouldn’t know, but yours looks great.</p>

<p>That’s good to know, thanks. Yea a whole year is too long. Are you going to apply to other schools as a back up in case you don’t get accepted as a regular transfer at TAMU?</p>

<p>@sfe when would you plan on applying? If you can get your GPA up to a 3.7 when you apply, you should be fine. Personally, I have never heard of the different departments filling up once they get to a 3.8. </p>

<p>Every advisor I have talked to has told me as long as you are above a 3.3 with all CBK classes complete, you have a chance. So don’t be discouraged when you hear “3.8”, because that is not the absolute minimum. Of course you are more competitive the higher your GPA but every transcript is different.</p>

<p>I know people who have been denied with a 3.9 and people who have been accepted with a 3.4. The most important factor is the number of CBK courses you have taken and the grade received in those classes!</p>

<p>You can see the stats of some applicants under the thread I created, “Fall 2013 Transfer Thread”. Good luck!</p>

<p>@chadblake I plan on applying either once I’m done with spring 2013 or summer 2013. I’m planning to raise my GPA to 3.7. I’m in the 3.6 range right now (Unfortunately, most of my B’s are in easy non science classes since I found it hard to motivate myself to study for them).</p>

<p>Will check out your thread. Thank you!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Yea I’ve already applied and got accepted to Texas Tech for Summer 2013. I’m by no way intended for my statement about 3.8 to be discouraging, just telling you what I’ve been told by the Assistant Department Head, Mr. Bryan Maggard. He hosted the seminar event I attended at College Station for prospective. I’m still applying for A&M with 3.5 regardless.</p>

<p>Just make sure turn in applications as early as possible and essay are critical, good luck to us.</p>

<p>I know you didn’t intend to be discouraging :slight_smile: I’m glad you shared what the assistant department head said. I will try to apply as early as possible and try to do a good job on the essays. Good luck to us!</p>