Average GPA/SAT at UCs, and a few other questions

<p>Hey all,</p>

<p>Just trying to find out some info for my brother, applying in a few months.</p>

<p>Does anybody have a list or a chart of the average GPA/SAT’s at all the UC’s from the 2012 cycle? I’m having a little bit of difficulty finding it for UCD and UCI (and im a bit skeptical on my sources for the other UCs), so if anybody has a comprehensive list, I would gladly appreciate it!</p>

<p>Also, does the UC system still do that thing where they only look at 10th and 11th grade GPA, discounting both freshman and senior years? It’s been about 7 years since I applied to college so I am not sure if they still keep up with this practice.</p>

<p>I know UCSD used to do this weird “comprehensive review” thing where they assign a bunch of points for a bunch of different categories (GPA,SAT/ACT,ECs), and then tally up all the points as a cutoff marker for acceptance. Does this still apply, or has this been retired out of style? If they still do this, does anybody have an up to date list on how exactly it’s broken down? </p>

<p>His GPA is currently a 4.04 and his sat’s are hopefully going to be in the 2000-2200 range, if anybody is curious. Lmao, is that considered good in this day and age?</p>

<p>Oh right, last question: Do they still weigh only 4 years / 8 semesters worth of AP/honors bonus points, or did they change their policy on that?</p>

<p>You can see the profiles of admitted students to every UC campus at [url=&lt;a href=“http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/campuses/index.html]University”&gt;http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/campuses/index.html]University</a> of California - Campuses<a href=“click%20on%20the%20campus%20name,%20then” title=“Freshman Admission Profile”>/url</a>.</p>

<p>UCSD is no longer on a point system. The campus now uses a holistic review process that is similar to the one used at UCLA.</p>

<p>The 8-semester GPA cap is for determining UC-eligibility only. Competitive UCs like Berkeley and UCLA will look at fully weighted GPA (all UC-approved honors/AP/IB/CC courses get an extra point). Other UCs often cap the weighted GPA at 4.5 (chopped off at 4.5).</p>