Away Game Student Tickets?

<p>Thanks to the tip on Southwest’s great airfares, I snagged two tixs from BHM to Baltimore so that DDs can travel to the Penn State game in September. Can’t miss this one…my hometown, family visit, and a classic football weekend. What is the procedure for students buying away game tickets? My DDs are both upper classmen; is it by credit hour, and are they sold for individual games? When do they usually go on sale? Thanks for any info you can provide. Oh, I’ll also need some non-student tickets for the game…that may prove harder to score than the student tix!</p>

<p>Away game student tix are based on hours earned at UA. They are sold on an individual game basis. </p>

<p>Now for the bad news. Last year an undergrad needed 112 hours to get away game tix to LSU. You can bet it will be more than that for Penn St. UA is only getting 5,000 tickets from Penn St, as opposed to the normal 10K we get from SEC schools. In years past students would receive 12% of UA’s away game allotment. I’ll be shocked if they offer that many to students for this game. </p>

<p>Your best bet would be to look on the secondary market. The UANYC alumni association had a ticket vendor located on their site in conjunction with the bus package they are running from NYC to State College, PA. I think the price of a game ticket was around $300.</p>

<p>I’d check on ebay, the Penn St sports boards associated with rivals, scout, and 24/7, and lastly stub hub and see what you can come up with. You likely won’t be in the Bama section, but then again most Bama fans won’t be either.</p>

<p>Fortunately for me my older brother is a Penn St grad and season ticket holder. My ticket is secured :-)</p>

<p>Hopefully you’ll be staying with family that weekend. If not, be prepared to cry. Hotel rooms are running $600+ a night if you can find one.</p>

<p>Thanks so much, NJBama! That gives me a starting point. Very interesting about the number of tickets available for UA students. I’ll get my DDs working on this (one of them has 112+ credits and the other only 70 or so), and make sure they know when the sale starts. I’ve been checking out the ticket vendor sites, and tixs are going for approx $300+. Might have to use some hometown family connections.
It’s pretty difficult/expensive to get to State College for the weekend (from anywhere!), but I’m sure many Bama students will want to make this trip. I grew up about 3 miles from campus, so thankfully no hotel rooms needed.<br>
Got tickets for last year’s PSU/Bama game from a PSU ticket office connection, and sat in the PSU nosebleed section (loved every minute). As a PSU grad with 2 Bama daughters, this is going to be a great family reunion game weekend! Thanks again for the info!</p>

<p>The sale date is still listed as TBA on the rolltide.com website. From reading a few different articles it appears last years away game sales were at the end of August, so I’d expect the same this year.</p>

<p>Like you said it’s going to be a great weekend. I can’t wait!!</p>