Azusa Pacific University Nursing

I’ll be a junior in high school and I’m interested in eventually applying for Azusa Pacific University, but I have a couple questions. how hard is it to be accepting as a nursing major? How much is tuition & do they offer a lot of financial aid? Does anyone go here & do you like it here? I live in Maryland so I wouldn’t be able to do a college visit. Also is it direct entry or 2+2? Please help me out if you can answer any of these questions!! Thanks!!

Hey! I was accepted to APU as a nursing major this last fall, and while I chose to go to UCLA nursing instead, I can speak to APU :slight_smile:
It is definitely a competitive program, but I would have to know your stats specifically to say if it is a reach or not for you. I think about 40 kids are in the freshman class, around 30 girls and 10 guys?? Tuition is kind of pricey 40-50K??? but I was offered a merit (not need-based) scholarship to bring it down to around 18k - 40 people get that, it’s called the Trustees, its definitely worth it, and if you are top 5 of that group you only have to pay for housing (less than 10k). It is a lovely school with a strong Christian presence. I was not in love with location, but I’m not much of an urban girl (ironic that I chose UCLA, I know). It is direct entry and they have you start some stuff freshman year but not a ton, but that’s pretty common to have to wait until junior-ish year for more clinical stuff.
I will say that they have a fall and spring group of nursing students which they didn’t say anything about - if you are in the spring group clinical rotation you graduate in 4.5 years instead of 4 which sucks. Message me if I can help. Good luck and God bless!! :))