Azusa Pacific

For anyone out there accepted to Azusa Pacific and waiting to hear about acceptance to the Nursing program - the letter is in the mail. Ours is arriving today.

Has anyone toured this campus and what was your impression? Thoughts on student life?

I graduated with my BSN from APU…20 years ago. I loved the school and the nursing program was great, with clinicals starting 2nd semester of freshman year.

We did a campus tour with my son last summer. It is nice, small, with the nursing department a short drive or a 10 minute walk from the main campus. They now have a trolly between the two campuses, which is nice. Student life is good with some restaurants and movie theater within walking distance.

Has there been any updates on your APU student center portal? My sons still says “traditional undergraduate”. How did you find out letters were mailed?

Hello @apumom thanks for the summary write-up. I wonder if my D will want to make the short trek up the coast to visit the school. D was accepted into school and awarded merit but was told she wouldn’t hear about acceptance into Nursing until later (by 4/1).

We subscribe to the USPS service that emails a scanned image of letters that are arriving that day. And from that email I can see a letter from APU with a rubber stamp of College of Nursing by the return address. D hasn’t checked her portal so not sure if that’s been updated. Good luck to your son. Where else is he accepted or considering?

Hi @Banker1 Good luck to your D!
Hopefully the APU letter arrived at our house today too.

For direct entry nursing, he has been accepted into:
University of Portland
Seattle U
Seattle Pacific Univ
Concordia - Portland
Pacific Lutheran University
Just waiting on APU.
Gonzaga-denied for nursing

If he is accepted into the APU nursing program, he will have a tough decision between there and PLU. However, if he isn’t accepted into APU, he will be very happy at PLU-(he loved his overnight visit there and all the communication and attention he has received from that school). He did not want to visit any other campuses.

Either way he is set with a plan forward.

As an FYI for folks - We received our financial aid statement and it looks like cost of attendance increased by about 3.8% over what I had projected (most likely using last year’s numbers; 47888 vs 46100).

D opened letter and saw her acceptance into Nursing at Azusa Pacific. I mentioned she should check her portal to see if her status also changed there. She hasn’t been able to check that.

@Banker1 Congrats to your D. A letter did not arrive at our house today but we are out of state…maybe tomorrow.

The letter explained that the school uses cohorts to make the clinical rotations more efficient and she’s been selected for the Spring 2019 cohort. Once that happens she’ll need just 7 semesters to complete the program with a May 2022 target. It said she’d be preregistered for her courses and she’d need to maintain an overall 3.0 with a 2.7 in the sciences. Finally it recommended she get a head start by taking Anatomy at a CC during this summer. It sounds like a solid program. And I think D will tour it to explore this new option.