B.S Computational Modeling and Data Analytics at VTech vs. JMU BBA in Computer Information Systems

Hello. I am an out-of state person, and I was wondering which program is better (in terms of job outcomes, employment rates, salaries, better jobs, ranking, etc.). Both James Madison Uni CIS and VA Tech CMDA (I believe) are good programs (and cost similar fees for me), but I would like to know which one is better. I realize that the BBA is obviously more business oriented. Also, the JMU BBA in CIS is CAC-ABET accredited and CMDA isn’t (it’s a Data Analytics program, so I would assume it wouldn’t be). Which program is of better quality and results in better jobs though? Thank you.

JMU also has a dedicated Intelligence Analysis B.S. with both a National Security concentration as well as a Competitive Intelligence one geared towards the private sector.

I’m more interested in Information Systems, not defense/cyber.

Also Data Science/Analytics. I’ve also been considering the Business Analytics and IT program at Rutgers-New Brunswick.

I think both programs JMU and VT are good and both ranked fairly high. Personally, if your going to be looking for a job post graduation in the DC / VA / MD market then its probably a tossup. If your looking for a job outside that region your going to get much more brand recognition from a VT degree. I have also been impressed with VT career services and the amount of job fairs and continuous employer visits they have.

Does tossup mean either program (tie)? I’m looking forward to working in DC or NY.

Also, is it possible to do an MSc in CS abroad after a CIS BBA? I know that the general route is an MBA, but I don’t want to do an MBA. I’ve heard that a BBA (in any subject, even COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS) does not allow the MSc route, but how probable is it to be able to be admitted into non-business grad school?

the ms doesn’t need to be CS. It can be IS, IT, etc. (any computer-related field)

I really want an MSc, and I really hope that a BBA will not stop me or hinder me in my MS path. If it does, no BBA in CIS (maybe BSc)!

I know that its a bit early for grad school, but an MSc is my true end goal.