b school rankings

<p>why is Wisconsin's business school ranked so low??? Is it a good business school?? <a href="http://bwnt.businessweek.com/bschools/undergraduate/06rankings/%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://bwnt.businessweek.com/bschools/undergraduate/06rankings/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>There are better ones out there, but Wisconsin has a good reputation, and there isn't much of a difference between a school 5-50 in those rankings. You're going to a school that's one of the top 35 in the nation, and is strong in your disciple. I wouldn't worry too much about a ranking.</p>

<p>27 out of hundreds of schools is not bad. The average pay is equal to many of the higher ranked schools so I would not sweat it too much.</p>

<p>I find it interesting that Minnesota Business school (26) is ranked higher than Wisconsin (27). I was not aware that they were that good. Michigan(6), Indiana(10) and Illinois (22) are also ranked higher than UW. All the Big Ten B-schools are ranked in the top 61 EXCEPT Northwestern. Go figure.....</p>

<p>thats b/c northwestern doesnt have an UG b-school</p>

<p>wiscydad --</p>

<p>I was surprised that U of M and UW were rated about the same, but for the opposite reason. A number of our Twin Cities friends rave about Carlson, but I don't hear the same praise about UW here in our own state. If anything, sometimes it seems as though the local business community has more respect for UW-Whitewater's and Eau Claire's business programs.</p>

<p>Maybe the Madison grads head for Chicago and New York?</p>

<p>Wisconsin is a weird state that does not really appreciate the University or trying to be the best. Most business grads that can, go to the better jobs in Chicago and the coasts. Or stay in Madison.
Last year 20% went to Chicago, 15% Minny, 12% Madison, 15% other Midwest and only 8% to Milwaukee area. 6% went out west and about 10% to the east.</p>

<p>I did not know that NU does not have an ug business school.</p>

<p>The NU students have been clamoring to bring it back.</p>

<p>They do have a grad business school, which is supposed to be in the top 5-10.</p>