BA in nursing

<p>I'm going to try my best and ask/explain my question without confusing anyone! I'm sorry in advance if i lose you. </p>

<p>I am currently taking classes at a community college and i am applying for a 2 year nursing program in the spring. At the end of the summer semester i will have finished all of my classes required for the nursing program (a&p lab/lecture 1, a&p lab/lecture 2, micro, stats, soc, philosophy, intro psych, developmental psych, nutrition, english comp 1&2). After i complete the program i would eventually like to get my bachelors in nursing (i have no idea which school i would be doing that through because my husband is currently in the military and will be joining the state police in 2014). That makes it hard for me to know where we will be located, unfortunately we are only able to narrow it down to Pennsylvania. I know that classes vary from school to school but i was just wondering if there are any classes that generally are required when getting your BSN in nursing. Since i will not have any classes that i HAVE to take in the fall i figured i would try and get a head start on my BSN. </p>

<p>AND I have been told that if i don't take any classes in the fall semester i will lose my financial aid. I don't know how true that is because i haven't got to speak with a financial aid adviser yet. Regardless, i would like to start taking classes that could go towards my Bachelors of nursing.</p>

<p>Any information would be appreciated! Thank you!</p>

<p>My daughter also earned her associates degree in nursing at a community college and then took the NCLEX exam. Then she began a BSN program. </p>

<p>What I would suggest is asking at your school what schools offer a BSN program and then contact those schools to see what kind of non-nursing classes they require. This is what my daughter did and then made course selections with her BSN degree in mind.</p>

<p>Hope that helps.</p>

<p>Another option, if you are good at self study, would be to look at the BSN program at Thomas Edison State College. They offer distance education classes and credit by examination (such as CLEPs) as a way to earn a degree. I know that they offer a BSN and they are reasonable in price.</p>

<p>Check out this site:</p>

<p>[Pennsylvania</a> RN to BSN Programs](<a href=“http://www.bestnursingdegree.com/programs/rn-to-bsn/pennsylvania/]Pennsylvania”>http://www.bestnursingdegree.com/programs/rn-to-bsn/pennsylvania/)</p>

<p>Pennsylvania has many possible programs for you. Of course, I think the regular classes rather than distance learning or online would be better, but with your husband in the military you may need to be flexible. </p>

<p>It’s hard to guess what other classes will be required. Look at some of the programs for specifics and see what comes up the most frequently.</p>

<p>If you completed all of the prerequisites, then perhaps you should stop taking classes? A lot of schools may not transfer nursing credits from another nursing school, especially if they have a different name.</p>

<p>You said you are applying for a 2-year nursing program in the spring - does that start in the spring of 2013 or are you applying in spring 2013 for the fall of 2013? Because you can take this semester or year off and find work doing something else, or you can do a one year course to become a certified nursing assistant or something. You should probably just wait until you are in place where your husband gets a job so you don’t waste time in money.</p>