Bachelor in Science at Texas A&M? Med school.

<p>Hi. I plan on applying to Texas A&M next fall and hopefully attend medical school after that. I know I can get into A&M because of the 10% rule and what not however, I am unsure about what major I should pursue if I decide to go there (or any other college really). I've heard that medical school likes to see students who have diverse majors such as a major in business, mathematics, english, liberal arts, history, etc. Apparently they prefer a 3.9 GPA in business than a 3.7 GPA in biology as long as the pre-med courses are completed. So my question is, what should I do to prepare myself for medical school admission? I know it's probably a bit soon for this but I would really like to know more about college majors and college courses and whatever other experiences you guys have encountered. Your help is greatly appreciated! </p>

<p>Also, what are some majors in which you can obtain a decent GPA without killing yourself with the workload? For example, I hear engineering majors are tough. Any feedback will help. </p>

<p>Thank you so much!</p>

<p>You can major in pretty much anything and get into med school as long as you take the prereqs, like you said. I know someone who just received her degree in History and is accepted at Vanderbilt med school. She graduated with over a 3.9. I think you should strive for at least a 3.9 in any major to get into a good med school.</p>

<p>BIMS is a pretty good major. It’s curriculum is basically designed for students that want to go to med. school. It covers all your med. school requirements as well. I know because I plan on going to med. school as well and I am a BIMS major. But like wemel said, you can major in anything.</p>