Back from T town!

<p>What can I say? What a trip! We arrived Thursday around noon into Birmingham and got one of the worst rental cars ever (another story-another time!) and headed to T town. Stopped off at the hotel and D had a meeting with Dr Halli at 2:15. We literally bumped into him during our last visit and D and kept in touch via email. Had a great visit (I want to adopt him - what a cool guy!). After that, we met up with momread’s son and he and D had about an hour sit down where D peppered question after question about life as a UA student. Thanks momreads for setting that up! It really answered a lot of questions! Got a parking ticket! Went to dinner and called it a day. </p>

<p>At this point, we still did not know our Friday schedule. We met up with Jami at 9 and she gave D her schedule. The only thing that was missing was a meeting with Dr Sharpe. That was quickly addressed (thank you Dr Sharpe for changing your schedule around!). D first met up with a current UFE student who answered her questions about UFE and UA. Really nice young man. She then sat in on a Honors Seminar called ‘Southern Values’ with Dr Cary. D said it was a really cool class. D then met up with Dr Morgan and they discussed the UFE program even more. Lunch/Dorm tour was with a young man who is currently in both UFE and CBHP. </p>

<p>The highlight of the visit was meeting with Dr Guy Caldwell. He was the nicest guy and D found out during conversation that they both were Green Day fans. Who knew? They talked a while and then he gave a tour of his lab. Incredible things that they are doing! After that, D met up with Dr Sharpe and they had a great visit. </p>

<p>Cannot say enough great things about the visit (other than the car and I got really sick Friday nite - hence why I am not at work today!!). Caught a really bad cold. </p>

<p>But on the good side, D knows where she is going and my wife and I are totally ok with it!</p>

<p>Thanks everyone on CC for your help and assistance in answering questions. Made our lives much easier!!</p>

<p>^^^Awesome! Isn’t it amazing how Bama keeps replicating your experience for visitors to the Honors College and its affiliated programs?</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Sorry to hear about the cold and the ticket, but other than that - fabulous!</p>

<p>Well, there was the car. :(</p>

<p>FWIW I’ve always gotten a great car renting from Hertz at BHM.</p>

<p>I normally use Dollar Express. This time, they did not give me a sheet to review any damage on the car. Just said it was good to go. Was not thinking. Once on the road, there was a knick in the windshield and when we got to the hotel, there were more scratches on that car than can be counted. I contacted Dollar corporate and they connected me with Dollar at BHM. Ended up talking to the owner! He said ‘as long as it does not have any dents in it the size of your fist, we are good’. I guess that is good to know moving forward!</p>

<p>Got a parking ticket!</p>

<p>At Bama campus??? If so, contact honors college or Transportation and get it canceled. You’re a visitor.</p>

<p>Get well soon!!!</p>

<p>Hey…would you copy/paste your trip report into Campus Vibe for Bama? (see the link in the left column…with the red New next to it.)</p>

<p>ShamrockDad … thanks for sharing. My D and I are visiting this Thursday, and we expect to receive our “itinerary” from Jami tomorrow. I’ll post a report when we get back too. So wonderful to hear how much they go out of their way to personalize the visits.</p>

<p>M2CK - of course Jami took care of the parking ticket! Nyquil and sleep do wonders for a bad cold!</p>

<p>Dad2ILD - All I know is that we got everything and more on both of our visits. We ask and they answered!</p>

<p>Hey Mom - trip report has been posted to Campus Vibe!</p>

<p>Thanks!!!</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Sounds like a great visit! Thanks for sharing. We’re headed out soon. Our tour is on Friday. Spent the weekend shopping for warm clothes :slight_smile: My D did not own one single long-sleeved shirt.</p>

<p>I was prepared for the cold but I think it was the wind that got me. Good luck on your visit and post how it went.</p>

<p>I agree with Malanai, Bama justs keeps on delivering. Hope all who are visiting campus in the next weeks have a great experience.</p>