Back from Tuscaloosa

<p>Tattletale!</p>

<p>Pass me the aspirin-</p>

<p>Easy to see that you mom’s do not think about this as much as we dad’s do…always use the bathroom at the corner gas station before you go to visit, that way you won’t be tempted to actually enter the bathroom in DS’s dorm!!!</p>

<p>Denial is the best tool to use when avoiding potential work. ;)</p>

<p>My son and his roommates indicated that they came up with a “new rule”… If you dirty a dish, you have to wash it. Keep in mind this is a “NEW” rule. </p>

<p>Pizza boxes are not subject to this rule. They can sit around for a week or more.</p>

<p>Best thread ever!</p>

<p>Slippy and others…do not believe most of the rumors coming out of the mouths of students, particularly frosh. They half-hear what’s been said and “fill in the blanks.” </p>

<p>It’s not even possible for 1000 incoming frosh to be denied housing at this point. :rolleyes: </p>

<p>I doubt that there are 1000 frosh who won’t be in housing. Of course, the frosh that live in Ttown, Northport, etc, aren’t req’d to have housing, nor are the married/non-trads req’d either. But, I don’t think there are that many.</p>

<p>My boys’ dorms were always gross. I swear that Bama needs to arrange some kind of “fee for service” cleaning service that we can hire…or require that RAs do a visual on each suite every month.</p>

<p>slippy - </p>

<p>Obviously your boys have not yet discovered what our boys have: </p>

<p>Paper plates don’t require washing.</p>

<p>M2CK, I think Slippy edited his original post and took out the initial comment that was made during his visit by a rising RA. Apparently, as later posts state, it was not true.</p>

<p>When son and suitemates had the brosef roommate last semester, they refused to pick up all his trash in the hopes the RA would come by and see it and support their claim to have the kid evicted.</p>

<p>Finally, at move in in January, before the young man returned to campus, H and I filled up several large garbage bags with his stuff, as we were sick of it and hoped the boy would not return in the spring and we weren’t faced with moving out his trash in May. </p>

<p>Thankfully, brosef’s frat brothers came by the first week of spring semester and removed his personal belongings, and the boys were happy to give them his bags of trash, too.</p>

<p>Now, mine are no neat freaks. No indeed. I think it comes with the Y chromosome, the inability to take out trash. </p>

<p>Since our cats do not live with son in his dorm, I make it a habit to at least throw away the trash as a form of rodent control.</p>

<p>My ds skyped with us last night from work, with his supervisor there. That made the call short, sweet, and avoided showing off his messy dorm room. Mission accomplished!</p>

<p>Sent from my GT-P5113 using CC</p>

<p>My son often cannot find important stuff (like syllabii) in his room because it is so messy. How you can lose stuff in a room the size of a shoebox is beyond me.</p>

<p>Toilet tip for boys who won’t clean a toilet…</p>

<p>After a toilet is clean, squirt a bunch of Lysol Complete Clean with Bleach (green bottle) inside the toilet (essentially painting the inside with this). Let dry!!! (yes, the inside of toilet will be colored). With each flush, a bit of the stuff goes into the water. This isn’t perfect, but it eliminates the black grossness often found in boys toilets. You’d be surprised how well this works. lol</p>

<p>This is the only one I’ve found that really works</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.vitacost.com/lysol-complete-clean-toilet-bowl-cleaner-with-bleach-16-fl-oz?csrc=GPF-PA-019200742467&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=&ci_origin=mobile&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=019200742467&gclid=CML-k97q0bUCFQGunQod6lkAtg[/url]”>http://www.vitacost.com/lysol-complete-clean-toilet-bowl-cleaner-with-bleach-16-fl-oz?csrc=GPF-PA-019200742467&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=&ci_origin=mobile&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=019200742467&gclid=CML-k97q0bUCFQGunQod6lkAtg&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Here is NRDMOM, on her knees, giving thanks that there was no ‘black goo’ in the boy’s toilets. </p>

<p>Ugh. Ick. Gag.</p>

<p>There goes breakfast!!!</p>

<p>I take it all back (the PIGS). Apparently there is a whole level of grossness beyond my wildest nightmares.</p>

<p>Hey, I keep my living areas relatively nice. It’s really easy to tell which areas are mine and which are my roommates’. :)</p>

<p>I don’t understand not cleaning ones shower or toilet. Rings of soap/other scum mean that one needs to do some cleaning.</p>

<p>FWIW, one of my roommates’ rooms smelled so bad, think a dirty locker room smell, that I went to Target and spent $1.06 on a room deodorizer that I then gave to him. He took it and responded that he was never in his room because it smelled so bad. He cleaned up some of his room a week later, but it still smells like a locker room, albeit with a strong hint of raspberries. ;)</p>

<p>^^^Seatide, you are so funny.</p>

<p>My son insisted on dusting his room before we headed home in December. If I hadn’t given birth to him, I’d be looking for the adoption certificate. My college friends still remember me from 35 years ago as the girl who never dusted.</p>

<p>I am looking forward to the new suite next year, which will supposedly be led by a neat freak, although the boys do still have an empty room, and with our luck, we’ll get another brosef in there again next year.</p>

<p>I bet my son dusts his computers, and the rest of the room is a mess. Wonder if he has done laundry at all. Might have to check out of curiosity.</p>

<p>Another good product for the suite bathrooms is Clorox Bleach Foamer. It sprays out as foam, so it sticks to the surface a little longer and gets the cleaning started. An HVAC guy recommended it to me to clean mold from an air handler in humid Florida, but it’s intended for, and works great in, the bathroom.</p>

<p>Mom2kids - I’m tempted to try that lysol complete clean “coat the toilet” idea on my sons bathroom here at home…:)</p>

<p>Mom2kids - I’m tempted to try that lysol complete clean “coat the toilet” idea on my sons bathroom here at home…</p>

<p>lol…how do you think I first learned this trick ;)</p>

<p>It won’t be pretty as the cleaner will cling but drip down the bowl. I start around the top part of the bowl and go around a few times. But, it does work! lol</p>