Backup dorm

<p>I am all set to pick Ridgecrest West but I don’t pick until this Thursday, and I want to be safe and have a backup dorm. I’m wondering if anyone can tell me the differences between Lakeside and Riverside and if either has an edge on the other.</p>

<p>All of the honors suites are very nice. There are some differences in size and layout, check out the UA Housing website and compare the floor plans. I am sure that you will be happy in any one of the choices. :)</p>

<p>Riverside is closer to Engineering bldgs. What is your major?</p>

<p>Does anyone know when each of the different suite style dorms were built? Which dorm houses the most honors students? IS it about a 50/50 split female/male?</p>

<p>Also, do you think there will be a single room in RCS-North in one of the 4 person suites available Tuesday night?</p>

<p>One critical difference for my D between Riverside and the other honors dorms was that Riverside doesn’t have stoves/ovens in the community kitchens. That would probably be irrelevant to a lot of people, but it really mattered to her.</p>

<p>I don’t know the exact years the suite-style dorms were built, but the order from oldest to newest is Riverside, Lakeside, Ridgecrest E/W, Ridgecrest South, Presidential. None of them is very old.</p>

<p>Finance & Econ major. Only two business classes I am taking first year are Micro & Micro econ though. I assume Lakeside is really close to Lakeside dining, where is Riverside in relation to it?</p>

<p>Riverside is also easily within walking distance to Lakeside Dining as are both Ridgecrest buildings mentioned earlier.</p>

<p>The Riverside buildings have convection ovens in the common kitchens.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Take a look at the interactive map on the UA website. It’ll give you a good idea of the locations of the various honors dorms. [Interactive</a> Campus Map - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>All of the Honors dorms are relatively close to Lakeside Dining. IIRC, Riverside was completed in 2002, Lakeside in 2005, Ridgecrest East and West in 2007, Ridgecrest South in 2009, and Presidential Village in 2012.</p>

<p>I’d go with Ridgecrest first, Lakeside second. Riverside was not nearly as nice as the other two, and the convection ovens in the kitchens are possibly the worst appliances I have ever had the misfortune to cook with. Seriously, brownies burnt on one edge of the pan, and still batter on the other!!</p>

<p>Since the OP is a business major, which dorm is closer to the business classes? I know Riverside is a closer walk to the SEC and the engineering buildings, but would Lakeside or Ridgecrest be closer for business majors?</p>

<p>Ridgecrest is closer to the business buildings. Lakeside and Riverside are roughly equidistant, but it really depends on which part of the complexes ones room is located as to the time it takes to walk there.</p>