Backup for possible rescind

<p>I hope I can get some answers for this please.</p>

<p>I have admits from two UCs and I am planning to submit SIR to just one of them. I am not too comfortable with my grade in my second semester ( senior year) in one of classes. Currently have a D but I am very sure I will get C. My question --</p>

<p>Just to be on the safe side I would like to submit SIR to one out of state school in addition to the one UC that I am sending my SIR to. Can someone confirm that this is okay to do for sure. I want to make sure that both universities don’t reject me because of mutiple SIRs. </p>

<p>I know that you are not allowed to submit SIR to two UCs, but that is not what I am doing.</p>

<p>I would also like an answer to this question!!! Reason for bump</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>The universities will have no idea you SIRed for one another, so it should be fine. You can take back your SIR (you won’t get your money back, however) anytime afterwards. They won’t hold a gun to your head or anything :).</p>

<p>can i commit to a uc and a csu?</p>

<p>Yup, as marzxbarz had said it doesn’t matter. You just lose your money for one that’s all.</p>

<p>Can I SIR to a UC and Cal poly</p>

<p>You should be able to. You could probably SIR to all the UC’s and not be a problem, they’re separate universities with separate administration.</p>

<p>^No, you can’t SIR to more than one UC.</p>

<p>Yea you can’t SIR to more than 1 UC. Now 1 UC and 1 CSU, I’m sure they’ll both figure it out in the end -.-, so No 1 COLLEGE AND THATS IT >:(.</p>

<p>ah, crap, sorry about the misinfo, I was relying on privates’ info…</p>

<p>UCs do not share information with each other. While UCs don’t appreciate students submitting SIRs, there is no penalty other than you losing your deposit. UCs, CSUs, and private colleges most certainly do not talk to each other. If you need to SIR multiple colleges, do so at the risk of losing a bunch of money. Also keep in mind that you are taking a spot that could be going to someone on the waitlist.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Before you SIR to a UC it states clearly that you may not SIR to more than one UC campus.</p>

<p>Alright today’s the last day to SIR to the CSU i was gonna commit to in case UCSD didn’t work out. CAN I OR CAN I NOT SIR TO SFSU AND UCSD? WILL I SCREW UP UCSD ALTOGETHER IF I DO?</p>

<p>Yes you can SIR and pay the Deposit to both ucsd and sfsu.</p>

<p>Others have answered the question on whether it it technically feasible to double deposit. I would like you to think about whether you should, and if this is a chance to demonstrate whether you are ethically-challenged… :rolleyes:</p>

<p>You should not SIR multiple schools. But, in the reality, we are not so sure what will happen. What if my unweighted GPA (since I am taking 5 APs) is less than 3.0 in my last semester? My Berkeley and UCLA admissions will be no longer for me. Should I SIR another UC (just one school) in order to be safe? Of course, I should keep working hard to get good GPA.:]</p>

<p>If your grades dip below a 3.0, then you should be rescinded IFF the only excuse is senior-itis.</p>