Bad news.....

<p>DS received a letter from Dr. Billy Helms this morning that is not good news. It seems he has an illness that requires aggressive treatment and he won’t be able to continue teaching FI389 this year. He also heads the University Scholars program (at least for the finance majors). He has been such a big help to my son and I am very saddened to hear he is ill. I know we all wish him a speedy recovery!</p>

<p>Prayers for Dr. Helms that he has a complete recovery.</p>

<p>I’m very sorry to hear that, and sending positive thoughts his way. He’s head of D’s department and did her advising last semester when she was unable to get a regular advising appointment prior to her registration time. I hope he has a speedy recovery.</p>

<p>Billy is a great man, and he practically raised me… down the street, best backyard ever!</p>

<p>Thank you all for thinking of him, and I know he and his wife appreciate the support!
Janine Gascoigne</p>

<p>Sending prayers and best wishes. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.</p>

<p>DS was sent to Dr. Helm’s office for a meeting today. DS said he looked GREAT! Hope his illness is not as serious as the letter sent out seemed to indicate!</p>

<p>I hope he quickly recovers! One of my favorite people of all time!</p>

<p>DS got a letter from Dr. Helms inviting him to the Business School’s honors awards in April. I hope that is a good sign about his health condition :-)</p>

<p>Yeah, Bamafana! Thanks for the update.</p>

<p>Home from Honor’s Day celebrations in T-Town! Had a wonderful day Friday capped off with dinner at Dr. Helm’s home. I wanted to let our CC community know that Dr. Helms shared with us that he has leukemia and the summer semester will be his last at The University of Alabama. He is a legend as the head of the Finance department at Culverhouse College of Business. He has helped so many students including my son. I hope you all will join me in prayers and positive thoughts for his treatment and recovery! He will be sorely missed at Culverhouse…</p>

<p>Sad to hear. Prayers for successful treatments.</p>

<p>S got an email from Dr Helms last week requesting he attend a lunch at Lakeside event this week with Dr Helms…got the impression the email was sent to all of the students in the Univ Sch Finance (and Econ?) program…I would guess he is going to tell them what your son heard Friday and introduce them to the people who will be taking on his previous tasks…son met with Dr Shane Underwood during advising this spring…</p>

<p>Prayers for Dr Helms and his family from our family…</p>