Badger Bus or Rental car?

<p>Hi, my son and his dad are flying in to do the admitted student tour, March 12th and 13th. They are flying into Milwalkie airport because it is a direct flight and a great price. My question is , i see there is shuttle buses to the school from the airport. Or should they rent a car. How easy is it to rent a car? they have a 540 p.m. flight back out on the 13th and the tour is over around 215. they will have to head right back to the airport. Thanks for any advise/ information...</p>

<p>The bus takes over 2 hours to get from Madison to the Milwaukee airport, and especially on the Friday before spring break, the buses will be packed with students going home or to the airport to catch a flight. Plus, there are only certain times the buses go to the airport. Looking at the schedule (Badger</a> Coaches), the only bus they could take is the one that leaves Memorial Union at 2:40pm (or Madison Bus Depot at 3pm) and they would arrive at the airport at 4:55pm, which is cutting it pretty close.</p>

<p>My advice: rent a car.</p>

<p>Thank you so much, i had no idea that was right before spring break!</p>

<p>Rent a Car. I rented one in Chicago and drove to Madison last weekend...It was $20 per day...cheaper than the R/T bus fare. Also you have more flexibility on hotels. If you take a bus then you will likely be walking and then the two hotels on Langdon St.(The Edgewater and the Campus Inn) are the best options. They are walking distance from most of the places you want to go...</p>

<p>yes, they are booked at the campus inn, thanks.</p>

<p>Go to priceline or hotwire to rent a car. I've rented cars for as low as $12/day (compact).</p>