Badger clothes

<p>Do people in Wisconsin wear badger clothes so often as it appeared on viewbooks? Or if it's just on viewbooks?</p>

<p>Often. There are probably ten stores on State St. selling Badger stuff.</p>

<p>You can buy it anywhere in the state at the local stores, too. You don't have to be a student, or college age to wear it.</p>

<p>So...do you suggest me bringing any clothing to Madison? Or I should expect to wear badger stuff most of the time?</p>

<p>Bring your clothes. The UW stuff is by no means a uniform. In fact, if you own OOS logo items they would be interesting for others to see. Son has a collection of running shirts- CC meets always sell them, but he wore other clothes as well. Bring the clothes you feel comfortable wearing, you'll accumulate UW logo items along the way. Also remember the viewbook is an advertising piece- you may find that much red being worn on football game days and you will also find students who refuse to wear any logo items and avoid red.</p>

<p>Well, maybe we can make this a arrival preparation thread. In fact, I'm an international student. I'm thinking about a cell phone plan when I arrive. Since I'm not from Wisconsin, I would like to choose a plan with wider coverage. May I ask which carrier do Wisconsin students usually use? AT&T or Verison?</p>

<p>Sprint, Verizon and AT&T are the big carriers. They have pretty good service in Madison and competetive plans too. My daughter is on our family plan and we have US Cellular.. Works quite well in Madison.</p>

<p>We have Verizon, works for son. When Cingular was bought out by AT&T my OOS inlaws switched from them because their prices went up... Check with other foreign students (the student associations must have good ideas) to see if they know of any compatibility possibilities, although you will probably want to sign up for a prepaid plan to call your country- H has one for calling India at good rates. </p>

<p>For OOS students- consider having your cell phone local for calls from your parents; eg I know a Californian in New York with a So Cal area code... It's a long distance phone call for local land lines to son's cell phone in Madison, but most calls seem to be cell phone to cell phone by students.</p>

<p>Do I need to consider text messages? Is is common in Madison? I'm an average message sender in my home country and I send around 1000 each month.</p>

<p>Ask all these questions when you arrive in Madison for orientation. Current students will be much better at knowing the best plans and features, especially other foreign students. People with the best information for you most likely will not be on CC. The decision can be made when you buy the plan locally.</p>

<p>One of the ways you can judge how students feel about their college is how often you see them where their school's colors and name. Lots and lots of students in Madison are wearing at UW tees, shorts, sweats, and jackets.</p>

<p>Make a point to go to SOAR. Lots of great information available there.</p>