Bakery for birthday cake

<p>DD will turn 18 on August 23rd, and I’m planning to go see her to take her to dinner. We’ve already had her birthday party before we moved her in last week, but I just can’t stand not seeing her since it’s her 18th birthday, and I want to get her a special cake. </p>

<p>I’ve googled bakeries in Tuscaloosa, and I wondered if anyone else had gotten cakes from these or any other places in town. </p>

<p>Celebration Bakery
Mary’s Cakes & Pastries
It Takes the Cake</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>That’s my 18th birthday as well!</p>

<p>I have used Sweets on Greensboro Street for birthday cupcakes. My DD reported they were delicious.</p>

<p>There is a German Bakery named Edelweiss that is very good. It is an authentic German Bakery which means that pastries and cakes are not as sweet as American cakes (which in my opinion is a good thing).</p>

<p>I saw Edelweiss bakery on the google search, but I’m not sure they do birthday cakes, and they don’t have a website. </p>

<p>I did notice the cupcake place, but I’m really wanting to have a cake. </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I’ll 2nd Elelweiss. We try a different pastry ever time we visit they’re all fabulous & fresh.</p>

<p>We had breakfast there yesterday before heading home and they had a sign in the window listing cakes as an offering. I plan to call and arrange for a cake for D’s birthday in October. They don’t deliver, though. You’d have to arrange for pick up.</p>

<p>Yes, Edelweiss will do a birthday cake, they baked a yummy German chocolate cake for my son’s birthday. You will have to pick it up. It was really moist, but again not sickly sweet. It was decorated nicely as well. The price was higher than a store bought cake and although, I asked for a small cake for six people it could easily have served more. It was worth it. </p>

<p>They have great pretzel rolls as well…</p>

<p>Mary’s and Celebration are both bakeries that Tuscaloosa and Northport natives use frequently for their special occasion cakes. Edelweiss is great, too, but probably doesn’t offer a traditional birthday cake. (I’m not familiar with It Takes the Cake.)</p>