Bama Bound 5-29 - 5-30 anyone from Illinois?

<p>Is anyone from Illinois attending the Bama Bound orientation session May 29 - May 30?</p>

<p>My D and I will be there.</p>

<p>Please say hello if you see us. I’ll try to have my son wear something that identifies us from Illinois-most likely a track and field shirt.</p>

<p>My S and I are attending May 29-30. Flying out of Midway (Chicago) and we arrive B’ham May 28 and are staying in the dorms (both of us). I keep telling myself it will be like camping (which I love). We fly out again on May 30th at 3 pm, so have to book it out of T’town ~noon.</p>

<p>Oh, and I’m thinking of wearing a beanie w/ spinner on top to identify myself…</p>

<p>Aero - we’re also flying out of Midway on the 28th (around 10 am?) but flying back later on the 30th (6?). If I see anyone wearing a beanie with a spinner I’ll say hello. And my D will most likely wear a t-shirt identifying her IL high school or soccer club, or from an IL x-c meet, since that’s what makes up the bulk of her wardrobe.</p>

<p>Can we start a list of things we need to bring…that we wouldn’t bring if we were going to a hotel? I’ll start…</p>

<p>Blow Dryer
Coffee and cups?
How about a deck of cards? Do we have any euchre players here?</p>

<p>Toilet paper (just in case . . .)
Garbage bag
Toiletries (no little soaps, shampoos, etc. at the dorms)</p>

<p>Some cups and instant coffee is a good idea if you are staying in the dorms (Starbucks VIA is the best instant coffee I have every had). I like Euchre, but I suggest you spend any free time exploring the campus and surrounding parts of Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>Bummed that I will be missing everyone by a day. Will be at UA from Saturday through very early Monday morning (flight from BHM at 9:10 am) moving our son into his summer dorm.</p>

<p>Pool towel for the kids</p>

<p>A tape measure for those who want to measure</p>

<p>$$$ for the Supe, and remember to stop by and get your PO Box if you can. You cannot do it without your son or daughter present, so need to find some time when they’re not otherwise engaged in BB activities. Enjoy! :-)</p>

<p>^Yep, we found a tape measure to be very helpful and spent some time looking around the suite to determine what our son might need for the room in the fall. We also encouraged our son to think about how he would like his room arranged, including bed height.</p>

<p>If your child will be living in an honors dorm that is NOT RCS, I assume there’s no point in measuring, right? Are there enough similarities between RCS and RCW that we can do any planning?</p>

<p>Since “all of y’all” (southern term meaning youse guys) from Illinois are making lists of what to bring on the 29th…I will take 2 Chicago dogs and the wife would like an Italian Beef. Son can fend for himself…</p>

<p>I’ll be the hungry, confused looking bearded guy and will bring my own drink :-)</p>

<p>Ahh yes, and include a Gino’s East or Lou Malnati’s pan pizza in the mix and you’ll be all set! Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Awww wish we were going to be there w/ you other Illinois parents…we are flying in on Wednesday for the second honors session. Gino’s East is the BEST!! Hmmm may have to have pizza for dinner tonight now that I’m thinking about it … best of luck w/ BB everyone!</p>

<p>We have HS graduation tonight…I have spent 7 years at the same HS and D is the last one to graduate. Really bittersweet…it’s the end of an era, but so excited about the future at UA. I am bringing an entire box of kleenex!</p>

<p>Needs to add some Garrett’s popcorn to the IL eats list</p>

<p>beth’s mom,</p>

<p>The suites in the other dorms are very different in size/shape from RCS suites, so no point in measuring if your student isn’t going to be in RCS.</p>

<p>Isn’t there any way for a parent to get a look at the suites in the other dorms? I know I would like to see the new building and some of the others we didn’t have time for on our ridiculously short initial visit.</p>

<p>Anyone know what they supply in the way of linens? Does that include sheets, blanket, pillow and towels?</p>