Bama Bound Freshman Express vs Regular

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the main difference is between the Bama Bound Freshman Express vs the regular 2 day Orientation. DD opted out of wanting to stay overnight in the dorms. We are in-state as well, so back and forth travel also wasn’t a big issue. So we signed up for the express orientation. Is she missing out on anything other than the overnight dorm stay?

No - we are doing the express too.

If you don’t care about spending the night in the dorm, express is the way to go.

The express Bama bounds are a lot less social. There’s no rexpo or anything. Other than that, the express is great. You also won’t get a night to make possible schedules. With express you sign up before having that extra time.

Bama Bound Express works best for instate students.

Since we are coming fro IL, it would make no sense to do the one day event. We may get as much out of it as possible.

CycloneGrad; totally agree. You won’t be on campus a lot after your student begins school (maybe a couple of times a semester if you are lucky. Set up the bank account, get a dry cleaners if you’ll need one, figure out a haircut place, eat at some of the restaurants, etc. You could arrange to meet up with roommates and parents, meet new friends, etc. Be familiar with the surroundings pre/post Bama Bound, and it will help the transition in the fall, and the move in.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

@Nerdyparent Are you OOS? If so, will your child be doing Alabama Action or Outdoor Action?

My concern about OOS students (or even instate students who might not know anyone else at the school)…If you do the one day express, then your missing that opportunity for the student to meet other students and make some friendships.

And…as someone noted, it’s a good time to open a student on campus bank acct, etc.

Well - in retrospect - I guess having an older son at Bama already, we already knew the ropes.

So I change my vote - for the initiated, go to the 2 day Bama bound!