Bama Bound is done, and it went well

<p>Enjoyed my time in enemy territory. BB is a well oiled machine. Very impressed. Junior got the classes he wanted, but the times are screwy. Tuesdays will be murder. But overall he is cool with it, and he made some friends to boot. </p>

<p>Ate some good food at Surin and DePalma’s. </p>

<p>Geaux Tigers.</p>

<p>Your son can tweak his schedule to try to improve some of the times.</p>

<p>Roll Tide.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Where? Their own 40? 30? 20?</p>

<p>Glad things went well for you and your son, slippy. :)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>surin? ? ?</p>

<p>It’s a Thai restaurant directly across the street from Ruan Thai on University Blvd just west of campus.</p>

<p>Ate at Surin last week. LOVED the Chicken Masaman… Tender boneless chicken breast sautéed in a Thai masaman curry with avocado and cashews.</p>

<p>hmm never heard of it. is it new?</p>

<p>Been around since I’ve been going to Tuscaloosa. I personally prefer Ruan Thai.</p>

<p>No, it’s been there a long time. It’s immediately west of Bento Japanese.</p>

<p>Ditto what Slippy2000 says…even her comment about Tuesdays. :slight_smile: My son currently has FOUR classes on that day, and he is too seems to be okay with it. Slippy - Sorry we never met. I did meet several CC parents and loved being able to put faces to “names”. Everything went very smoothly throughout our time at BB. This experience just reinforced for us that attending UA is definitely the right decision for our son. It was a bit sad when BB ended, but exciting to know that exactly one month from tomorrow we will right back to move our son in for AA.</p>

<p>Dear ProudMama… Slippy is not a “her.”</p>

<p>;-)</p>

<p>(I’m not offended…truly. You’re not the first to find me overly feminine.)</p>

<p>Whoops! Can we blame my mistake on my being fairly new to CC? :-)</p>

<p>i only discovered this last week!</p>

<p>In other news, my son has already lost his Action Card. Thinks he left it in the dorm. (sigh)</p>

<p>Does he need to wait until move in to get it replaced, or can they send him a new one?</p>

<p>I think they said its a $25 replacement fee</p>

<p>My son lost his early last fall and they issued him a temporary one, I think for no charge, on the hopes that his card would turn up. Someone turned it in after about a week had passed. I would contact UA housing and let them know where he thinks he left it.</p>

<p>If he left it in his dorm, contact Housing and see if they found it.</p>

<p>Just emailed housing. Thanks.</p>

<p>I’ve lost my Action card a few times. Using the replacement card is a nice option to avoid that fee until you see if you can find it. My card has turned up in several places, including Gorgas (which I hadn’t been to that entire week… weird) and my laundry. </p>

<p>Most likely someone will find it and turn it in. Just give it a bit, it’s not an urgent need (since you aren’t at Bama). I actually lost mine after BB, but it turned up in a drawer at home when I was packing up to head off for my first semester.</p>

<p>They found his card. Picking it up on Saturday on our way back through Tuscaloosa. Whew!</p>