Bama Bound is done, and it went well

<p>Chicken Masaman sounds great, but…we practically LIVE on chicken because it’s cheap; we know every chicken recipe ever developed, I do declare. So, when I go out to eat, I want something that NEVER had feathers or cackled. (OK if it once swam or mooed, though. :))</p>

<p>Slippy - Hmmm…I guess I should have realized that you are not a “her”. Afterall, I have just realized our sons roomed together at BB, and our paths crossed many times over the course of the two days. Small world, huh? My son was the tall, skinny dude. :-)</p>

<p>We had a great time at Bama Bound! Asaunmom- I am sorry we never got to meet. Our daughters really hit it off. My D also hit it off with ProudBamaMomma’s D. It really made the whole time a lot of fun for her and even started her thinking about college and UA! Roll Tide! My S had a good time, but unfortunately didn’t go to the rec center program because he had read posts on FB saying it was boring. I wish he went. He did say that it would have been helpful for him if there had been some ice breakers. He is very quiet and needs that to really get involved. Anyway, he got a decent schedule, but honors Chem was full. I hope he keeps on trying to get it. It was odd, there were class spaces open but not lab spaces. Frustrating.</p>

<p>We had a great time at BB. Asaunmom- sorry we never got to meet. Our D’s got along fabulously! My D also had a great time with ProudBamaMomma’s D. It really made the trip enjoyable for her. She is even thinking about college now and UA!! S had a good time too. He skipped the rec center because he had read posts on FB that said it was boring. I wish he had gone. He did say that he wish there were ice breakers. He needs that little extra to get to meet people. He got a decent schedule, but couldn’t get honors chemistry. There was a spot in the class but not the lab. He signed up for regular and hopefully can get honors at another BB.</p>

<p>PoudBamaMama… I am ROFL right now. Small world. Our sons got along well, I think, and have become friends heading into the fall. </p>

<p>Please don’t hold against me anything that is said by my angry internet persona. :-)</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Lol…in truth, I love the LSU people that I’ve met. I’ve spent much time in Chimes and have met many charming folk (even if they do wear mugly purple). We all had a good laugh when they saw that I had reversed by houndstooth wrap that I had been wearing.</p>

<p>edit to add…</p>

<p>Wow…I’m sitting in a Waffle House and a young lady just walked in wearing a purple LSU shirt. lol</p>

<p>Back from BB, nearly recovered. It was a great weekend.
Daughter is happy with schedule.
D2 is happy about her new friends (Proudmama’s D and others).
Dad is happy with his new Tusk Wear shirt (for his bday during BB).
Mom is happy that she didn’t have any meltdowns.
We fit tons of things in for a 2 day whirlwind but wouldn’t have changed a minute of it.
Pockets of construction here and there are signs of growth and expansion for the university. Even though some of it was a pain, the big picture is going to be pretty sweet.
ROLL TIDE!!</p>

<p>Mom is happy that she didn’t have any meltdowns.</p>

<p>I can soooo relate, LOL.</p>

<p>Happy B-day to DH. Bet that’s one cool t-shirt!</p>

<p>Speaking of t-shirts: My workplace is having a “Wear Tie-Dye” day in honor of our new tie-dye lingerie line. (For those who don’t know, I’m an apparel-industry wage-slave.) Well, I haven’t worn tie-dye since I was a '60s-vintage flower child, so I had none on hand. So, I bought a tie-dye tee online via ebay. It says “Peace, Love & Roll Tide” and has a big crimson A in the middle. Can’t wait to wear it, lol!</p>