Bama Bound - need dinner reservations?

<p>Just wondering how crowded restaurants are during Bama Bound sessions. If we want to go out to dinner with a bunch of people on Tuesday night, would we need to try to make reservations somewhere or can we just wing it? I would rather wing it since we don’t know our timing, but if we need a reservation just in case I will make one.</p>

<p>how many people? </p>

<p>Many of Ttown restaurants don’t take reservations. I’m trying to think if any have “call ahead seating.” </p>

<p>Did you have a restaurant in mind? </p>

<p>Is Tuesday night “Day 1” or “Day 2”?</p>

<p>Cypress inn is the only restaurant that I found that took reservations. It also was the most expensive restaurant we went to. The Long Horn did call ahead. Other places we visited were first come first serve.</p>

<p>Tuesday is the first night of the 1st Honors Bamabound.</p>

<p>We were in the first Bama Bound last year and noticed no issues getting a table at a restaurant. Of course we did not have a large group to deal with, that could change the game.</p>

<p>We were there this same week llast year for our “seal the deal” visit.</p>

<p>I think a whole bunch of us could walk into many of the downtown or strip restaurants and get seating after a short wait.</p>

<p>There just were not that many folks around…especially when compared to the max capacity Tuscaloosa handles during peak game day weekends.</p>

<p>Don 't forget to wear those yellow pencils behind your ear so we can find each other at BB!!!</p>

<p>It would probably be about 10 people. We could also have the adults sit separately from the kids, if necessary. :slight_smile: I figured it would probably be less crowded than even an average week during school, but I just wasn’t sure.</p>

<p>On a Tuesday night, you might find Downtown venues less busy, like Mugshots. DePalma’s will probably be busy (Ttown needs another nice Italian restaurant).</p>

<p>Not sure about the ages of the kids in your party, but if they are other peoples kids I often find it is preferable to sit the adults and kids seperately.</p>

<p>I have found that the best distance is about 2 streets over ;)</p>

<p>Bento Japanese can be good for groups on a night that isn’t too busy (don’t know how busy they’d be that night). The kids can be at one table and the adults at another. They have a back room area that works well for groups.</p>

<p>If by kids you mean students, I would suggest doing what we did last year - handing them each some $ and telling them to go out and find dinner together. Made them talk to each other and explore the town a bit. For the parents, I’d suggest trying to get a table upstairs at Mugshots.</p>

<p>Class2012mom - I like that idea! I will propose it to the other parents.</p>