Bama Bound Question

<p>Do kids generally check in the day that orientation begins or the night before? For the May 29-30 session - they can check in on 28th by 5:30. Are there any activities or dinner that evening? We(the parents) are staying a hotel and our son thought it would be fun to stay in the dorm the night before. Thanks for your help!</p>

<p>when i called about the same thing, i was told that for $26 extra dollars, your child can stay an extra night in the dorm.</p>

<p>Lots of kids come the night before… but there aren’t any scheduled activities for that early night…kids are on their own for dinner, etc. If family is there, then they’ll eat with them. If they know other kids who will be there the early night, then they can all walk to the Strip to eat if they want.</p>

<p>On the actual Bama Bound scheduled night, there usually is a pool party and some kind of get-together in Ridgecrest South North Tower’s Activity room.</p>

<p>Yes, that’s what DD did last year. In fact, two of her roommates came to the same Bama Bound session, and somehow, housing put them together in the same suite which is the exact same suite they had selected for the fall. She lives in Ridgecrest South/North which is where BB students were housed. I think a lot of oos kids do the extra night, because activities start pretty early in the morning. I don’t remember if they ate at Lakeside that first night, but I do recall they walked down to the Strip and had ice cream. It was a very nice program.</p>

<p>I’m going to the May 29-30 session and will be arriving in T-Town on the 28th. I don’t think there are any scheduled events, so I’ll probably just meet up with some of the other kids and go have dinner.</p>