Bama Bound question

<p>We are planning to attend the May 30-31 Bama Bound session and will have two 11 year old girls in tow as well. Will any of the pools/recreation options be available for us to use with them while there? We are trying to decide if staying in the dorms is the best option.</p>

<p>IMHO, with your 11 year olds, I would stay at a hotel with a pool.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I agree. Besides, even if you could use the UA pools, you would have to be there with them - which might conflict with your BB schedule. You need to call and find out if visitors can use the Outdoor Pool Complex and how much it costs. </p>

<p>BTW…at night, the pool complex is being used by the BB student attendees only.</p>

<p>Also, the dorms that you’re staying in are not near the pool complex. A hotel or condo pool would work out better. Will there be four of you? You might look at VRBO.</p>

<p>Definitely go with a hotel or other accommodations. Personally, I think 11 year olds would be bored to tears in the dorms as I believe they are too young for the sibling activities, there is no television in the rooms, no pool, and nothing really convenient for activities or food. You would likely find it a looooooooong stay in the dorms.:slight_smile: If it were me, I’d try to plan out a few activities both on and off campus throughout the stay to keep them entertained. I understand the need to bring them, so if possible I’d try to make a mini vacation out of it for all so the drive home would be more pleasant.:slight_smile: There isn’t really room in most of the meetings for parents with children in tow, and the kids would likely be bored to tears by most of it.</p>

<p>What are the rules at night in the dorms? Are boys and girls allowed to be in each others rooms?</p>

<p>I have not seen any rules, I would imagine other than being respectful of your suite mate there are none.</p>

<p>This “girl” plans to visit Mr. TXArchitect’s room… ;-)</p>

<p>Aside from Tutweiler and possibly Paty, UA really has few rules concerning visitors to dorms other than a maximum number of consecutive days that a guest can stay in the dorm and that guests are to be accompanied at all times by a resident of the dorm.</p>

<p>I’m chuckling thinking of all the parents sneaking over to other rooms during Bama Bound to see their spouse or if divorced, another divorced parent. I’m surprised that I haven’t heard of UA parents dating other UA parents that they met at Bama Bound, football games, etc. :)</p>